Well, We Sure Impressed CBS Sports | The Boneyard

Well, We Sure Impressed CBS Sports

Reaction Score
From the CBS Sports website:

The defending national champion UConn Huskies dominated the 2023 NCAA Tournament with six double-digit wins in six games by an average margin of 20 points. But if their season-opener on Monday is any indication of things to come, this season's Huskies team, dare I say, may be even more unstoppable.

OK, so not every game it plays this season will be against literal Lumberjacks, but No. 6 UConn nonetheless made quick and easy work of visiting Northern Arizona, dominating the Lumberjacks 95-52 in one of the most lopsided showings of the day. The spread was between 25.5 points in favor of UConn, so winning is no surprise, but winning by 43 and outscoring them by 26 in the closing 20 minutes -- even more than the spread for the game -- is demolition reminiscent of the UConn team that routinely demoralized opponents en route to the title last season.

That's enough to get you the top line in our opening day winners and losers recap of the day that was in college basketball. A tip of the cap, Huskies. We see ya.

Reaction Score
Was the 25 point line with their two starters playing or did they take into account they were out?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
They have more options, but none seems as much of a sure thing as Sanogo down low.

Looks to be a good team, we'll see if they improve as a unit as well as last year. I saw a few hiccups but nothing huge.

DC doesn't get much air on thrme 2nd jump and stuffs himself on the rim often. Samsons footwork on D is a huge drop from AS but he is a dunk machine.
Newton and AK look better than last year and the kids will need to sort out their shot selection but the ball/player movement looked great.

Reaction Score
Samsons footwork on D is a huge drop from AS but he is a dunk machine.

His defense needs significant improvement, he seemed out of position on many occasions. He will have plenty of film to digest from the game.

Reaction Score
His defense needs significant improvement, he seemed out of position on many occasions. He will have plenty of film to digest from the game.
After he picked up two quick fouls he played much softer defense for the rest of the half. Which is just Samson being smart. Don't be fooled. He was still a presence inside and will get even better with more minutes.

Reaction Score
There are few things I enjoy more than an absolutely certain blowout win. My heart can't take many games that go down to the buzzer.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
When DH says to JC we may have too many players and after one game I agree this should be interesting. Stewart and Ross are good. They have prototypical nba wing size. You can see both have significant upside. Watching Ball, Stewart and Ross compete for minutes is going to be interesting. Stewart looked real good. I could see him playing guard. We have ten players watching DH find the rotations will be fun. I can see a lineup os AK, JR, JS, SC and TN

Reaction Score

The defending national champion UConn Huskies dominated the 2023 NCAA Tournament with six double-digit wins in six games by an average margin of 20 points. But if their season-opener on Monday is any indication of things to come, this season's Huskies team, dare I say, may be even more unstoppable.

OK, so not every game it plays this season will be against literal Lumberjacks, but No. 6 UConn nonetheless made quick and easy work of visiting Northern Arizona, dominating the Lumberjacks 95-52 in one of the most lopsided showings of the day. The spread was between 25.5 points in favor of UConn, so winning is no surprise, but winning by 43 and outscoring them by 26 in the closing 20 minutes -- even more than the spread for the game -- is demolition reminiscent of the UConn team that routinely demoralized opponents en route to the title last season.

That's enough to get you the top line in our opening day winners and losers recap of the day that was in college basketball. A tip of the cap, Huskies. We see ya.
DC,Newt and Ak are as solid, experienced and good a big 3 as there is in the country. Add to that Diarra, Spencer and Johnson to a lesser extent returning experienced players and 4 talented freshmen who look like they will be contributing early and only going to get better this team is going to be really, really good. Wont be surprised if they lose half as many games all season as they did last year.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

And this folks is how your get 63 LIKES simply by cutting and pasting.

You can do it, too!!!!!!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom