Well, we got to see the best and worst of this team in just two days | The Boneyard

Well, we got to see the best and worst of this team in just two days

Reaction Score
Hopefully most games will be in the vicinity of the Syracuse game as this team finds itself

I think we all knew that coming off a 14-18 season everything wasnt going to be rainbows, kittens and butterflies. Our backcourt looked brilliant on Thursday night and very rattled last night. I am confident that Danny Hurley will find a way to get the 5 guards playing better and tougher. He has a lot to work with, but AG is shaking off 2 years of rust and only has 15 or so college games under his belt. JA has to unlearn some bad habits, as he could always get by on natural ability. He needs to learn to play with more focus and develop a killer mentality. Even Tarin Smith who is seasoned and mature looked rattled against Iowa. I have to give Iowa's D and gameplan a lot of the credit for making that trio look ordinary.

I dont think this was a bad loss by any stretch. Iowa was a bad matchup for UConn and they are probably a better team than many of us realized. They are 4-0 and none of those games have been close.

I have faith in Hurley. He has already turned the ship around. It is just going to take some time to reach cruising speed.

Reaction Score
I think we all knew that coming off a 14-18 season everything wasnt going to be rainbows, kittens and butterflies. Our backcourt looked brilliant on Thursday night and very rattled last night. I am confident that Danny Hurley will find a way to get the 5 guards playing better and tougher. He has a lot to work with, but AG is shaking off 2 years of rust and only has 15 or so college games under his belt. JA has to unlearn some bad habits, as he could always get by on natural ability. He needs to learn to play with more focus and develop a killer mentality. Even Tarin Smith who is seasoned and mature looked rattled against Iowa. I have to give Iowa's D and gameplan a lot of the credit for making that trio look ordinary.

I dont think this was a bad loss by any stretch. Iowa was a bad matchup for UConn and they are probably a better team than many of us realized. They are 4-0 and none of those games have been close.

I have faith in Hurley. He has already turned the ship around. It is just going to take some time to reach cruising speed.
I think this is a throw away game that they move on from pretty quickly. Poor shooting and a bad matchup are two things that can be easily explained and accepted. We’re not the great shooting team we saw Thursday nor the poor one we saw last night. I’d like to see our guards not depend so heavily on the 3 though and get to the line more by attacking the rim. Between Hurley, Cobb, Alterique, Smith etc we have a lot to build on and be excited about.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom