Well, This Sounds Promising | The Boneyard

Well, This Sounds Promising

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Someone report this? I haven't seen it. Jordan Horston says in this yesterday (how did I miss it!) article....

UConn currently doesn’t have any commitments in the class of 2019, but the recruiting process is about to heat up beginning in a few days when Horston, a 6-foot-2 guard from Columbus, Ohio, visits the UConn campus.

“I am definitely excited,” Horston said. “You know he (UConn’s Geno Auriemma) is a great coach, he makes players better and that is what I want, I want somebody to push me and make me better. I don’t want to go somewhere where I am comfortable because that is not how I get better. I’d like to be put in an uncomfortable situation so I can get better so I feel like he does that. I have watched some of his practices, I just feel like he is a great coach and he produces great players.”

Jones and Boston also quoted here.

On edit, @CocoHusky pointed out that I did not give you the article reference. UConn recruiting targets Boston, Horston, Jones among 18 finalists for U.S. U-17 national team

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Someone report this? I haven't seen it. Jordan Horston says in this yesterday (how did I miss it!) article....

UConn currently doesn’t have any commitments in the class of 2019, but the recruiting process is about to heat up beginning in a few days when Horston, a 6-foot-2 guard from Columbus, Ohio, visits the UConn campus.

“I am definitely excited,” Horston said. “You know he (UConn’s Geno Auriemma) is a great coach, he makes players better and that is what I want, I want somebody to push me and make me better. I don’t want to go somewhere where I am comfortable because that is not how I get better. I’d like to be put in an uncomfortable situation so I can get better so I feel like he does that. I have watched some of his practices, I just feel like he is a great coach and he produces great players.”

Jones and Boston also quoted here.

well if she really wants to be uncomfortable.............nobody does uncomfortable better then Geno.........:rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Great find @RockyMTblue2.
The full article is at this link.
UConn recruiting targets Boston, Horston, Jones among 18 finalists for U.S. U-17 national team
I'm more struck by this quote from Horston than the one you posted. "
"I have watched some of his practices, I just feel like he is a great coach and he produces great players.”
Many of us had speculated that UCONN was very late to the Horston recruiting
but if she has watched UCONN practice she mostly likely saw UCONN practice when UCONN was last in her hometown. Horston is from Columbus, OH. UCONN was last in Columbus in April for the FF.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Great find @RockyMTblue2.
The full article is at this link.
UConn recruiting targets Boston, Horston, Jones among 18 finalists for U.S. U-17 national team
I'm more struck by this quote from Horston than the one you posted. "
"I have watched some of his practices, I just feel like he is a great coach and he produces great players.”
Many of us had speculated that UCONN was very late to the Horston recruiting
but if she has watched UCONN practice she mostly likely saw UCONN practice when UCONN was last in her hometown. Horston is from Columbus, OH. UCONN was last in Columbus in April for the FF.

My apologies. Somehow I failed to include the link ...duh! However, CocoHusky I did quote exactly that quote. :confused::)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My apologies. Somehow I failed to include the link ...duh! However, CocoHusky I did quote exactly that quote. :confused::)
My apologies also. I was so excited reading the quote I never made it to the end of you post.
I think the title of your thread was a PERFECT summary!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jordan Horston is either 6’2” or 6’0”. Hmm. I think I’ll call her “Bria.”

Every time I hear or read an interview, I’m impressed. I sure hope we get Jordan. She’ll be on campus this weekend.

Reaction Score
They all say that. They meet and greet the 11 time National Championship winner and they go to Notre Dame, Texas, South Carolina, or Louisville. LOL.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Jordan Horston is either 6’2” or 6’0”. Hmm. I think I’ll call her “Bria.”

Every time I hear or read an interview, I’m impressed. I sure hope we get Jordan. She’ll be on campus this weekend.
I see a similar case in Van Lith. Whenever I first read about her (here), maybe last fall, she was apparently 5-7. In the USA tryouts she's said to be 5-9. Obviously a kid can grow, but that seems like a lot. I like her better at 5-9. I'll rely on you to compute how many Hartley units that is.

Reaction Score
I see a similar case in Van Lith. Whenever I first read about her (here), maybe last fall, she was apparently 5-7. In the USA tryouts she's said to be 5-9. Obviously a kid can grow, but that seems like a lot. I like her better at 5-9. I'll rely on you to compute how many Hartley units that is.
I saw Hailey Van Lith play in a tournament in Phoenix a month ago and she is every bit of 5'9", and big/strong. In terms of Hartley units, you could fit a Bria Hartley into each of her legs.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I saw Hailey Van Lith play in a tournament in Phoenix a month ago and she is every bit of 5'9", and big/strong. In terms of Hartley units, you could fit a Bria Hartley into each of her legs.
Dang. That's impressive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom