Well the broadcast was comical | The Boneyard

Well the broadcast was comical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Comically bad that is, mentioning the loss of OLLLANDER as the second name after Shabazz. Then later in the broadcast pronouncing Hamilton's name as HUMMELTIN, wow and I thought Mike Patrick was bad.

Reaction Score
I thought Gillem was pretty sharp tonight, not sure what game you were watching. Wonder if he has any interest in coaching again.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I thought Gillem was pretty sharp tonight, not sure what game you were watching. Wonder if he has any interest in coaching again.

Gillen can't even correctly pronounce a fairly easy name like Ollie. Somehow he thinks it's pronounced ah-LEE, as in Muhammad Ali. He's an awful announcer. He should go back to coaching.

Reaction Score
Gillen was awful last year, too. I remember he called the SMU game at Gampel last year and listening to him during that game was terrible.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
'Hummeltin' sounds like Sir Charles. That's turrible.

Reaction Score
Gillen can't even correctly pronounce a fairly easy name like Ollie. Somehow he thinks it's pronounced ah-LEE, as in Muhammad Ali. He's an awful announcer. He should go back to coaching.

A lot of posters are calling KO worse things in other posts.

Reaction Score
A lot of posters are calling KO worse things in other posts.
The idiots always surface after a loss. As always, we exaggerate losses and victories. We were awful but pretty good before this game. Many have a short memory.

Reaction Score
I cant stand calling our coach Ali... Pete Gillen could have a pet dog that he calls Ollie just fine every day of the week but the cameras roll and suddenly were coached by KevHammed Ali

Reaction Score
Gillen called this an upset despite 1) Tulsa was favored and 2) we're not nearly as good as last year without Bazz, DD, Giffey & Olander. Guess Tulsa gets to have it both ways. How perfect for them.

That broadcast team was a hoot - reminiscent of early Big East days when we were called "the UConn".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom