OT- Well it's heart operation time! | The Boneyard

OT- Well it's heart operation time!

Reaction Score
Hey fellow Boneyarders, I'm having my heart operation on this coming Monday Feb. 6th at 11am at YaleNHH! It was supposed to be tomorrow, Friday the 3rd at 7:30am but was pushed back to Monday!
It's called a Myectomy(sp?) where they "shave" down one of the 4 chambers because it's grown too big, and dominates the other 3, so all the chambers are the same size! I'm supposed to spend about 5/6 days in the hospital after the surgery then 3 weeks at Bridebrook Rehab/recovery in Niantic, CT.
I've already missed the TX, theOSU, ECaro, Tulane, Houston, and I'll miss Tulsa and SMU definitely! I don't know about SoCar at Gampel yet?
YaleNHH has lousy TV reception and doesn't get SNY to boot! That s--ks big time! I'll have to try and watch SNY games on my iphone!
After 2 years of being sick I sure hope this turns my luck around!
I'd appreciate any positive vibes directed my way! I can use all the +'s I can get!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
After what you've been through you have earned and deserve all the luck and health I and everyone else can give to you. As MTHusky has said I may not like what you have to go through, but I can love the way you're handling it. Stay strong pal.

Reaction Score
As a fellow heart patient, may I offer my sincere wish for a positive outcome! I have survived at least 3 heart attacks over the past 15 years and have lived long enough to get cancer this year. And I WILL survive this also! I may miss March Madness for my surgery. Remember, Husky fans are blessed! Best of luck!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Blessings and favor as you go under the knife. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you. Get well, and return to us soon. We'll hold the rope until your return.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
YaleNHH has lousy TV reception and doesn't get SNY to boot! That s--ks big time! I'll have to try and watch SNY games on my iphone!
Take your laptop, or borrow one. Yale NH should have WiFi. If they do, you can log on to the world wide web, and view anything you wish, and watch it on a decent size screen without squinting and loosing your eyesight in the process by trying to watch programing on your phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Best wishes! At least the games will be available at HuskyGames. Binge watching the games will be an essential part of your recovery!

Reaction Score
Hey fellow Boneyarders, I'm having my heart operation on this coming Monday Feb. 6th at 11am at YaleNHH! It was supposed to be tomorrow, Friday the 3rd at 7:30am but was pushed back to Monday!
It's called a Myectomy(sp?) where they "shave" down one of the 4 chambers because it's grown too big, and dominates the other 3, so all the chambers are the same size! I'm supposed to spend about 5/6 days in the hospital after the surgery then 3 weeks at Bridebrook Rehab/recovery in Niantic, CT.
I've already missed the TX, theOSU, ECaro, Tulane, Houston, and I'll miss Tulsa and SMU definitely! I don't know about SoCar at Gampel yet?
I'd appreciate any positive vibes directed my way! I can use all the +'s I can get!
Everyone is nervous going into a heart operation. We can't change that, but based on personal experience I can tell you you're dealing with the A team at Yale Cardiology. Outcome odds are excellent, and the post op units are staffed with professional, competent, and caring folks. You're going to be fine. I work out at a fitness place next door to Bridebrook, let me know if you need someone to smuggle in a six pack.

Reaction Score
I don't know much about positive vibes. Would you settle for prayer?

Reaction Score
Don't worry about missing any games. We'll have a videographer at the games to capture all of the highlights and lowlights and they will be available for you to enjoy at your leisure while recuperating. Further, because you are an esteemed member of The Boneyard, you have direct click access to any and all games 24/7.

Also, follow the Docs orders, take care of yourself, and come back as a healthy and (well balanced) Boneyarder. :)

Chin up!

Reaction Score
I don't know you personally but I pray that your operation is a success! God speed on your recovery and hope you're pain free when it's over and done! Sending love and best wishes from Atlanta!!

Reaction Score
I'm sure it'll go great. Fabulous people there. And Mondays are statistically, I'm told, the best day to see doctors, so I imagine it's the best time for operations, too. You'll do as great as our Huskies, and, meanwhile, I nominate you for HONORARY BADASS.

You are in all of our thoughts and prayers, and just think of how much better you'll feel afterwards.

Reaction Score
Wishing you the best. Thankfully they really know what they are doing with hearts these days!

My son has has four open hearts and is a great athlete still as well as being a really great guy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom