Well here's a new idea... | The Boneyard

Well here's a new idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken, Louisville did this in the 2008 Big East Tournament against Rutgers. Won the game by one point.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
I'm with you CocoHusky...very weak move by Jeff. I see this as a coaching issue at Duke for not realizing their girls were lining up on the wrong side.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I was watching the game as it happened. I really believe that Louisville was having some fun with this play, so I don't see anything wrong with it. Football teams pull this stuff all the time (hidden ball, sleeper, Statue of Liberty, etc.). Why not basketball?

Now if Louisville pulled this play out against a team they were blowing out it would have been a really weak & unsportsmanlike move.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
If poor Jeffy has to pull these high school coaching tricks on other NCAA coaching to get a bucket then I think he is missing the boat. Maybe some simple ball movement, screens, passing to lead players and plain old hustle exercises would better serve his team and that is without commenting on their defense or lack there of.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If poor Jeffy has to pull these high school coaching tricks on other NCAA coaching to get a bucket then I think he is missing the boat. Maybe some simple ball movement, screens, passing to lead players and plain old hustle exercises would better serve his team and that is without commenting on their defense or lack there of.
Unfortunately, you hit the nail on the head. While Jeff's trick play demonstrated some genuine creativity, Louisville's basic offense was terrible: little ball or player movement and lots of forced shots.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Have you ever seen the player barking like a dog on the floor in the corner inbounds play? Better than the curtain of distraction:)

Reaction Score
I thought it was a very weak move by Jeff and I'm glad Duke won the game in spite of it. Note to Duke players: The referee has to be standing on the baseline of the basket being shot at.

Looks like they even fooled the ref on the side line, watch and you will see he started a ten count. LOL!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Have you ever seen the player barking like a dog on the floor in the corner inbounds play? Better than the curtain of distraction:)
There are several version out there. Honest to God my Daughter's AAU team lost in National Championship quarter finals on a play just like this.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Wait a minute, I thought they were supposed to be the smart ones!;)

Oooohhhh, the embarrassment...

Duke.jpg

Reaction Score
I was watching the game as it happened. I really believe that Louisville was having some fun with this play, so I don't see anything wrong with it. Football teams pull this stuff all the time (hidden ball, sleeper, Statue of Liberty, etc.). Why not basketball?

Now if Louisville pulled this play out against a team they were blowing out it would have been a really weak & unsportsmanlike move.
As an older Dude----I have seen lots of Kiddy tricks/HS plays at the College or Pro level---in sports as in life if its legal--you should not complain--lou Hotlz was a master at the Razzel Dazzle, hs plays--and he had success--
A coach has some play or trick in his bag---and sees a need to use them--use them--nothing wrong at all. I can see how you will scream FRAUD when you are fooled--out of embarrassment !!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Who wudda thunk it?
That play is on the Duke coach. I'm actually glad Walz pulled it off. A court is 94 x 50. If you don't know every aspect of it at all times during 40 mins. that's on you. Does anyone actually think Geno would have fallen for this?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That play is on the Duke coach. I'm actually glad Walz pulled it off. A court is 94 x 50. If you don't know every aspect of it at all times during 40 mins. that's on you. Does anyone actually think Geno would have fallen for this?
No Geno would not have fallen for it nor would Jeff have the stones to try it against Geno.

Reaction Score
Personally I don't see anything wrong with it. At this level of play, a team really should know which basket is their and which is the opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom