Well, here we are. | The Boneyard

Well, here we are.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Four months to get to this point that feels preordained. UConn and seven others that include Baylor, SC, Stanford, and Louisville. Was there ever any doubt? It's been a fun ride so far but, in terms of what we're going to remember, the season starts today.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Four months to get to this point that feels preordained. UConn and seven others that include Baylor, SC, Stanford, and Louisville. Was there ever any doubt? It's been a fun ride so far but, in terms of what we're going to remember, the season starts today.
I hope we go alot further but there are so many memories of this team I will have no matter the outcome.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I hope we go alot further but there are so many memories of this team I will have no matter the outcome.
Commendable... Puts you in a minority, I think. The two favorite activities on this board are comparing players to past players and teams to past teams. An unavoidable side effect of rooting for a team with so much history. The UConn metric is "did they or didn't they get it done"?

Reaction Score
Win or lose, my expectations were more than achieved. Everybody got better and the injuries were not catastrophic. The juniors steadied the frosh, and the rookies went well beyond their status as diaper dandies, one an All American. Go UConn.

Reaction Score
Rubber hits the road tonight. Honestly, I have no idea what's going to happen tonight. The winner will have an easier game in the final 4. No disrespect intended for AZ and IU, but neither team is as good as UConn or Baylor. Assuming no let down happens, winner of tonight game should make it to the Championship.

Let downs can and do happen though, ask Maryland and NC State and Texas A&M......

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I am very grateful for every single game these Huskies completed during this season of uncertainty. Certainly, I would like to see 3 more games, with a season ending victory to cap it all off.

Reaction Score
It’s interesting how the top 5 from the preseason polls all made the elite eight. Over the course of the season, 3 other teams played their way into the media conversation of a top 8, but weren’t able to get the job done. Even though it’s been a fun season and tournament, one could have fairly easily predicted these 5 teams would still be around for the elite 8 back before a single game was played.

I expect both Stanford and South Carolina to make the final four. I believe the winner of that matchup plays the winner of Baylor/Connecticut for the championship.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong. The more of you that tell me you'll appreciate this team for what they've accomplished regardless of where they rank in a history of seasons, the happier I'll be. It's absolutely what these young women deserve. I just feel that the "UConn legacy" is a heavy extra weight that comes with being a Husky.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Rubber hits the road tonight. Honestly, I have no idea what's going to happen tonight. The winner will have an easier game in the final 4. No disrespect intended for AZ and IU, but neither team is as good as UConn or Baylor. Assuming no let down happens, winner of tonight game should make it to the Championship.

Let downs can and do happen though, ask Maryland and NC State and Texas A&M......
... that's why they play the games. I honestly like our chances though. This team has really come together with the Juniors figuring it out and the freshman turning out to be 'plug & play". You certainly can't argue that Geno didn't do a masterful job of using the season to get them ready for the post-season. We're better than I thought we'd be (as @Florida Fan says). I think Aaliyah is the unexpected game changer, she adds something we weren't going to get from anyone else.

Reaction Score
IMO, this has been about 10 months in the making. Started under an incredible year once they all gathered at UConn for fall semester. A bumpy road leading up to the loss in Arkansas but since have turned around and playing their best basketball to date. I wouldn't say it has been fun (just read the majority of threads), whatever the outcome, I have enjoyed this team very much and will all the way through the final 4.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Commendable... Puts you in a minority, I think. The two favorite activities on this board are comparing players to past players and teams to past teams. An unavoidable side effect of rooting for a team with so much history. The UConn metric is "did they or didn't they get it done"?
Of course, if we will rank teams with our historical teams, NC's are important I am just grateful our program which may have seemed to lose a step after the Stewie years has regained its prominence and vitality. With Paige and Aaliyah leading the way with lots of help, we enter a new era which will be as bright and fun as our greatest era's. Whatever the NC count (the talent base in WBB is far more broad), I am enjoying the ride. knowing we will never be outgunned while still playing the most attractive and aesthetic basketball.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That Arkansas loss was part of this team‘s maturation. Many things went in the the process of getting them to this point. I think that loss came at the most perfect time of the season, and was the catalyst for the change in their approach and understanding of how they (the freshmen) must play to win at this level.

They have all played so much better since. I believe that loss is still in the back of their mind. It was evident that we had a very young team with only 3 returning starters and no seniors or All Americans. We talked about them making the final four, but did we really anticipate the terrain of the road they would have to take to get there?

Some good teams were sent home this weekend, and more will join them tonight and tomorrow. "Gut check" wins over Tennessee and South Carolina showed us what kind of team this is. This young team has grown up quickly into an elite top 5 team that can compete with anyone. I think we have a very good chance of getting past Baylor tonight to advance to the final four. Needless to say, this is the biggest game of the year for us. Baylor will show up. We will have to beat them, they won’t beat themselves. They won't shrink in the last 2-3 minutes of the game as some other teams did this weekend. Neither will we.

The thing that excites me most going into the game is I know that ALL of our girls will show up to play!! No disappearing acts!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This team has been one of the best to follow in recent memory. The freshman have reinvigorated the programme for sure! They clearly all love each other and are so happy for everyone’s success, even if it’s at the detriment of their own personal accolades. The coaches love this group and vice versa. No matter what happens I’ve loved watching this team grow, learn and develop and have loads of fun doing it.

Reaction Score
How can we possibly win? No Nika. Baylor's defense is better than ours!? Baylor's players are more athletic!? Baylor's jerseys are nicer!? They're taller! They have a Queen on their team..

We're DOOMED I tell you.. DOOMED!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom