Well at least we don't have to worry about keeping Weist | The Boneyard

Well at least we don't have to worry about keeping Weist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yes, it's safe to assume every coach will be free to look for employment before Christmas.

Reaction Score
Don't think it would be a bad idea to keep him as WR coach. Imagine new HC will want his own coordinator though.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Don't think it would be a bad idea to keep him as WR coach. Imagine new HC will want his own coordinator though.

New head coach will purge everyone.

Reaction Score
Starting the 2nd half with a pass play doesn't impress me. I think he's in over his head.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Starting the 2nd half with a pass play doesn't impress me. I think he's in over his head.

What ticked me off about that play was that TJ admitted last week they he deviated from the game plan too quickly.

This week he repeated the same mistake.

As a coach you have to be honest with yourself. It was obvious UConn wasn't going to come out on the second half and win. As the coach he has to treat each play as an opportunity to evaluate all of the players.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
............probably the players too.

Outside of Davis, Phillips and Smallwood I can't see too many RS Jr's being invited back and I would expect at least 10 more transfers from underclassmen.

May see close to 30 bodies from this year's team not on next year's roster.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Does the fact that TJ is essentially clueless give anyone pause concerning Manual's ability to make the right HC hire when the time comes?

Reaction Score
I hear you Waq, but can you--realistically---name any other viable choice he had?

Reaction Score
I hear you Waq, but can you--realistically---name any other viable choice he had?

No he can't but why should that stop him from taking a shot at WM? Because we should judge his next hire before he makes it based on his decision to make someone on the current staff the INTERIM head coach to finish out the string. Solid logic lets run with it!

Reaction Score
In hind sight, I'm not sure Weist really was the best choice. He had very limited experience as anything but a position coach, and limited experience with this team. Other options were Foley and Hughes on the current staff or, and I realize it would be pretty unique, but so is firing your coach mid-season, bring in an outsider like Keeler or even a retired head coach. In the former situation he'd have a shot at the permanent job. In the latter he'd be purely a care-taker. Sometimes position coaches get promoted to head coach, but usually it is one of the coordinators. Weist had been a coordinator for about 20 minutes. It was an ugly situation with Pasqualoni and George and there wasn't much you could have done that would have changed 2 1/2 years of confusion. I was as happy as anyone to see those two go, but the end result was an even bigger disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom