welcome to the world of recruiting | The Boneyard

welcome to the world of recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Archbishop Curley (Baltimore) senior defensive end Nik D'Avanzo is reconsidering his oral commitment to Temple. "I love all the Temple coaches and the school, but the location ... I'm not sure if I fit there," D'Avanzo told TerrapinTimes.com. "I'm a country boy, and Temple is in the middle of the city. I went there three times thinking I'd adjust and learn to like it, but I'm just not feeling the area right now."
The 6-foot-3, 283-pound, two-star recruit by Rivals.com, told TerrapinTimes.com that he's interested in Cincinnati. He attended the Bearcats' homecoming game and felt at home in Cincinnati. Other than Temple, Massachusetts is the only Football Bowl Subdivision program to offer D'Avanzo a scholarship.
I go to school in a city, I verballed to a city school, but I think a country boy like me would prefer a non-city school, like Cincy. Um, ok, ............:rolleyes:

pj

Reaction Score
Too bad that's not Matt Barone. We could really use a center/guard.

Reaction Score
Archbishop Curley (Baltimore) senior defensive end Nik D'Avanzo is reconsidering his oral commitment to Temple. "I love all the Temple coaches and the school, but the location ... I'm not sure if I fit there," D'Avanzo told TerrapinTimes.com. "I'm a country boy, and Temple is in the middle of the city. I went there three times thinking I'd adjust and learn to like it, but I'm just not feeling the area right now."
The 6-foot-3, 283-pound, two-star recruit by Rivals.com, told TerrapinTimes.com that he's interested in Cincinnati. He attended the Bearcats' homecoming game and felt at home in Cincinnati. Other than Temple, Massachusetts is the only Football Bowl Subdivision program to offer D'Avanzo a scholarship.
I go to school in a city, I verballed to a city school, but I think a country boy like me would prefer a non-city school, like Cincy. Um, ok, ............:rolleyes:

Cincy must have blindfolded him and put cow$hit around campus...

cfiles39726.jpg

Reaction Score
Cincy is about as urban as you can get as far as campuses go. I must say, the architects and landscapers did a really nice job designing it.

Reaction Score
UCONN is more country than Cincy... It's out in the middle of nowhere... There's plenty of cows to milk too... As soon as you get on campus on Rte 195 ( just look to your left as you ride in ... just before the right hand turn at N. Eagleville )

Reaction Score
I think what the kid is trying to say is that the surrounding area of Temple is like a Third World country. I don't think it's about a country boy being in the big city....I think it's about a country boy not wanting to be in the middle of the ghetto. Temple has a beautiful campus, but I wouldn't want to go outside of the campus at any time of the day. I love that view of Cincy!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Lol, I see UC on Campus PD all the time. That place is urban. The kids who live in off-campus apartments live in two or three family homes in the middle of neighborhoods. Yeah, real country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom