Welcome back to Connecticut (Sun) Katie Douglas! | The Boneyard

Welcome back to Connecticut (Sun) Katie Douglas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Signed as a free agent, announced this morning.

" The Connecticut Sun announced today it has signed three-time All Star Katie Douglas to a two-year contract with a third-year option."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Because it worked so well the first time.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She's a little long in the tooth, but I think it's a good decision.

Reaction Score
They needed a shooter and with Renee back at the PG, they need a player to fill the void of Kara.......Katie is a winner.

Reaction Score
Hmm.. This is all my speculation. The public reason why Katie made it back to Indiana was a desire to be with and play in front of her friends and family. Why would she leave Indiana (unless she was told that there would be no roster spot for her)? I would guess at this point she is probably thinking about what happens next after the WNBA, and coming back to Connecticut and being close to ESPN's headquarters better sets her up for a broadcasting career.

On the other hand, I think there is a very good chance that Stef Dolson will be selected with Indiana's 5th pick in the WNBA draft. The first three picks will very likely be Chiney, Sims, and Thomas. New York has the 4th pick, and I think Laimbeer will go for Kayla McBride. Indiana needs help in the post, Stef certainly can help there. Additionally, there were reports of Lin Dunn attending a UCONN practice last week.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
While Katie has been on the roster, she has been missing a majority of the last season and a half. You just have to hope she is healthy enough to contribute.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
If she is healthy and playing as she did at Indiana, she is just what the Sun need -- a wing who can score. Sounds like a good move, but it's puzzling that she would do it. I remember her saying that she hoped to end her career in Indiana. Also, I thought she had a close rapport with Mike Thibault, so why didn't she go to Washington? I'm sure they would be happy to have her unless there is some health issue that is not being publicized.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If healthy, Katie is a very good player. Best wishes to her.

I hope the coaching for the sun is decent. I have more confidence in Mike than in Anne.

Reaction Score
YES!! One of my favorite WNBA players. I just love her defensive ability and her confidence. I know that she has suffered a back injury and knee injury over the years. But if she is healthy and at 100%, she is one tough cookie that I would love to have on my team. Good luck, Katie and welcome back to the Suns!!!

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Signed as a free agent, announced this morning.

" The Connecticut Sun announced today it has signed three-time All Star Katie Douglas to a two-year contract with a third-year option."

Hmmm. my first thought was wondering why she would leave Indy. My next thought was about her recent injuries. I guess the bottom line question is does this make the Sun better? The answer is yes if Katie can play 20 minutes a game at a reasonably high level, she will be an improvement over most of the guards on last year's roster. Some kind of Allie, Renee and Katie rotation in the back court does not sound too bad after the patchwork of last year. Alex Bentley is also very talented and should get minutes. Sidney Carter, Izzy Castro-Marquez are in the rearview mirror, I guess.

Unfortunately, Mistie Bass has gone to Phoenix. Her toughness and hustle will be missed (as will occasional visits from her dad, Chubby Checker).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog