Welcome Aboard Saylor | The Boneyard

Welcome Aboard Saylor

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
With all the Azzi noise, I think it appropriate to say a big Yippee for our first signer and a great talent in her own right. Ever since you gave your verbal I have been waiting to see you in UConn Blue Saylor.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Saylor is a great addition to the UConn program!

Vastly underrated by ESPN Hoopgurlz. Multi-skilled player with unlimited range. The threes will be raining from deep from the 2021 recruiting class!

Congrats Saylor and UConn!

Reaction Score
Great to have Saylor onboard - she's going to be really really good!

1605125605631.png

Reaction Score
Saylor is a great addition to the UConn program!

Vastly underrated by ESPN Hoopgurlz. Multi-skilled player with unlimited range. The threes will be raining from deep from the 2021 recruiting class!

Congrats Saylor and UConn!

How good do you think she is? Where should she be rated? Against whom? How's she stack up against UConn past and present. Never seen her play, so have no idea. Very curious about where these lower-ranked kids should be considered.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I've seen Saylor in person 3 times. Her game is very versatile, as she plays all 5 positions. She's athletic, smart, tough, and skilled. To me, she is very equivalent to Caroline. My assessment is that HG's new ranking of #30 may reflect her sitting out due to her hip surgery. I think she should be somewhere in the 8-15 range.

In addition to her basketball skills, Saylor is a very nice person.

Reaction Score
I've seen Saylor in person 3 times. Her game is very versatile, as she plays all 5 positions. She's athletic, smart, tough, and skilled. To me, she is very equivalent to Caroline. My assessment is that HG's new ranking of #30 may reflect her sitting out due to her hip surgery. I think she should be somewhere in the 8-15 range.

In addition to her basketball skills, Saylor is a very nice person.

What position/role do you see her filling in college? From what I've seen, she has a similar stature to Makurat & Ducharme, but my knowledge of her is limited.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What position/role do you see her filling in college? From what I've seen, she has a similar stature to Makurat & Ducharme, but my knowledge of her is limited.
Saylor can play all 5 positions in high school. She is technically a guard, so SG would fit. I think she will also play Wing in college. In a pinch, she can also play PF. I expect she will play mostly Wing, though Geno could play a 4-"guard" lineup with Paige, Azzi, Saylor, Caroline, and Amari. The heights would be about 5'10", 5'11", 6'2", 6'2", and 6'4". That's a pretty big lineup. Paige, Azzi, and Amari could be even a little taller than the heights I've listed.

Reaction Score
Saylor can play all 5 positions in high school. She is technically a guard, so SG would fit. I think she will also play Wing in college. In a pinch, she can also play PF. I expect she will play mostly Wing, though Geno could play a 4-"guard" lineup with Paige, Azzi, Saylor, Caroline, and Amari. The heights would be about 5'10", 5'11", 6'2", 6'2", and 6'4". That's a pretty big lineup. Paige, Azzi, and Amari could be even a little taller than the heights I've listed.
I would go out of my way and pay to see the practices the next few years. UConn basically has a Top10 team X2 with high level subs on each bench. Will make every player better by game time.

Reaction Score
Like "MilfordHusky," I have seen Saylor play several times. In addition to being very athletic, she has a very high Basketball IQ. I am very interested to see how both Saylor and Mir play with better teammates. Saylor is an excellent passer and her UCONN teammates will benefit from her ability to thread the needle. Looking forward to her arrival next year.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm really on pins and needles waiting for Saylor to play at UConn.

The way UConn has been recruiting guards/wings, I see Saylor being a wing and also stretch 4. Don't forget Napheesa was a guard/forward when she was recruited, but has actually been a power forward for much of her tenure in the WNBA. Saylor is big and strong and not afraid to mix it up. She's also a pretty good interior defender.

ETA to support Road Warrior's point about her basketball IQ. We'll have two coaches' kids in Saylor and Azzi coming in next year. I love coaches' kids.

Reaction Score
Like "MilfordHusky," I have seen Saylor play several times. In addition to being very athletic, she has a very high Basketball IQ. I am very interested to see how both Saylor and Mir play with better teammates. Saylor is an excellent passer and her UCONN teammates will benefit from her ability to thread the needle. Looking forward to her arrival next year.

"she has a very high Basketball IQ." If that doesn't sound like the quintessential Coach Geno recruit!!!

Reaction Score
I thought Paige was 6’?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
She can really drive to the hoop and is licensed to shoot! :D

D.C./Maryland/Virginia
Milford, you do know that I was kidding right? I was stationed at Cameron Station from 79 to 83.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom