Weiss: Hurley Becomes a Perfect Fit at UConn | The Boneyard

Weiss: Hurley Becomes a Perfect Fit at UConn

Reaction Score
Hurley has the luxury of an exceptional unpaid advisor in his father, who won 26 state championships and more than 1,000 games at St. Anthony’s, and is one of the great minds in the game. The elder Hurley also doesn’t pull any punches in his critiques.

“He comes to practice occasionally,” Dan said. “He made some snarky remarks at the opening press conference about our players’ physical makeup they are still trying to get over. He wasn’t impressed. He’s trying to win those guys back over now. Actually, he probably doesn’t care. He has an amazing set of eyes, great ideas, makes great suggestions. He makes me think about our personnel, some of the tactics we use. He gives me a different way of looking at things.”

American Stories: Hurley Becomes A Perfect Fit At UConn

Reaction Score
Wondering how much Hurley Sr will influence the program over the next few years especially with Calhoun having a full time job at St. Joe.

Reaction Score
Hoops Weiss - the HOF God of the hoop writers - is writing for the American Athletic Conference?

That’s a great thing.

Great Hurley thing

Reaction Score
Love this:

“I was talking to Coach Calhoun recently and he told me, ‘There are four million people in the state of Connecticut and three million of them are Husky fans. You better know that, son,’” Hurley said.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Love this:

“I was talking to Coach Calhoun recently and he told me, ‘There are four million people in the state of Connecticut and three million of them are Husky fans. You better know that, son,’” Hurley said.
Nevermind the fact it seems like I see UConn fans anywhere in the country. Its happened in Boston, LA, Arizona, Florida, all over NYC. A lot of eyes on this program, and I'd expect more to come in the coming years.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Love this:

Reminds me that Jim, uh, has a way with numbers.

Reaction Score
Perfect replacement: Absolutely
Perfect fit: TBD

We're still in the practice phase. If we end the season with a winning record, I'll say 'perfect fit'. I'm even willing to say it if I see 100% effort full game.

Just trying to keep my expectations in control.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom