Weekly Recruiting Update | The Boneyard

Weekly Recruiting Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't see anybody writing up observations from the Hoophall games Saturday so I thought I would add my 2 cents on a few of the players you list.

First, I am thrilled we are trying to get Thomas Bryant in 2015. You list him as a power forward but he is a power center. Very mobile, pro body, active 100% of the time hedging on defense out to the 3 pt line, protecting the lane, talks and directs his team, gives 100%, scowls when necessary, runs the floor, and owns the paint. Hit a jump shot near 3 pt range and finishes around the basket or tears it down. Conditioning to play hard long stretches but smart enough to call for a short blow when he is gassed. Aspects of his game reminded me of Mark Bryant from Seton Hall's glory years, with a touch of Dickie Simpkins from Providence. Both players defined their teams. I'm glad we are in the conversation but would be 50/50 to have him more than 1-2 years a la Drummond. My guess is he is 6'10 240lb range.

Second, Daniel Hamilton is a great addition to our team unlike any player I can remember at 6'6 / 6'7 because of the quality of his handle which is stunning. He played point guard due to Dorsey not traveling with the team, but that was not a stretch. He can handle under pressure and go to the basket like Shabazz even when double teamed, with either hand, in traffic, and at the rim. He attacked in the manner of Boatright and Shabazz maybe 20 times, maybe more, and passed, finished, was fouled, but nearly always a positive outcome for himself or a team mate. He made shots but I sensed he was a scorer more than a shooter. He played Center on defense even though he is 175lbs dripping wet. He blocked 2-3 shots gave 100% full speed the whole game and competed in every way and yet had not committed a foul well into the fourth quarter and may not have made any. He did miss the front end of 2 1 and 1's in the final minute, but I think that is abnormal. He came up with the ball to end the game and seal the win. His athleticism is about like Kromah. Richard Hamilton was a more deadly shooter, also 6'6 with the same build, also played point guard in a pinch when Ricky Moore sat out, also rebounded better than one would expect, but Daniel is stronger and more determined with the ball. Expect clear outs next year to let him attack. He had 25/26pts

Body wise, Vance Jackson is a Daniel Hamilton clone and the 2 of them play together well. He is only a soph buts plays with composure and is a spot up shooter who scored 26 pts off of Hamilton feeds. He has an adequate handle and is a nice player. His legs are a bit thicker and so his upper body may fill out more. Both of these guys play team ball with wiry grit. It's obvious they both trust teammates but take the responsibility to will their team on. They each run all day at 100%

I love players that leave it all on the court. Here's 3 that do that.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Rex Pflueger is tearing it up today on ESPNU, 25 pts. Thru 3/4..excellent stroke, very good feel for the game, good defender, decent handle for his size

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Melvin Swift sounds like a high-motor, above-the-rim athlete who is a very good rebounder for his size...could potential fit a need at UConn depending how things sort out.

Reaction Score
Melvin Swift sounds like a high-motor, above-the-rim athlete who is a very good rebounder for his size...could potential fit a need at UConn depending how things sort out.

It was only one game but me and my friend were not impressed with Swift. He can jump but he is not as athletic as you would think. The motor and drive were not there as well. Now his team stunk and the guards just launched 3s all game. But, I expected much more from him.

Reaction Score
He is very strong. But is he really 6'8"?
I don't think so. His mom and his trainer both told me he's 6'8". However, I would say he's 6'7" probably. I don't care as long as he can grab boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom