Week of 12/18 Other Games | The Boneyard

Week of 12/18 Other Games

Reaction Score
looking forward to UNC-OU. Will give us a better idea of what UNC is made of, and how good the top of the Big 12 will really be. OU hasn’t beaten anyone but because they’re undefeated they’ve stumbled into a top 10 ranking

Reaction Score
Refs reaaaaally letting Butler and GTown play. Lots of contact, not a lot of whistles

Reaction Score
And Notre Dame getting blown out by……,Citadel?? How long does this new coach last??
According to KenPom, Notre Dame is the 8th least experienced team in D1, so a poor season was expected.

Reaction Score
Butler starting 2-guard DJ Davis limps off. We play them on the road in about 3 weeks.

Reaction Score
I don't like Providence fans. I didn't like Cooley. I didn't like the way they played the last few years (I prefer skill and shooting to foul drawing and physicality). I didn't like Kim English on first impression (youthful brashness despite a lack of accomplishment). I didn't like Hopkins as a Kentucky guy. I hated the Floyd poaching.

... But I kinda really like watching this Providence team play.

They guard so hard in a mostly clean way. The combo of Dual and Carter is a nightmare for opposing backcourts. They no longer do the "just throw up a flailing shot to try and draw the foul or let your bigs get the offensive rebound" offense.

I'm not sure English is a great coach or that the schematic changes are actually more effective. A lot of their new pieces who were supposed to be shooters can't actually shoot (though Gaines is shooting like 50% in games I watch). Their offensive efficiency has been garbage.

But they're plucky and defend smartly. Fun to watch.

Reaction Score
I don't like Providence fans. I didn't like Cooley. I didn't like the way they played the last few years (I prefer skill and shooting to foul drawing and physicality). I didn't like Kim English on first impression (youthful brashness despite a lack of accomplishment). I didn't like Hopkins as a Kentucky guy. I hated the Floyd poaching.

They guard so hard in a mostly clean way. The combo of Dual and Carter is a nightmare for opposing backcourts. They no longer do the "just throw up a flailing shot to try and draw the foul or let your bigs get the offensive rebound" offense.

I'm not sure English is a great coach or that the schematic changes are actually more effective. A lot of their new pieces who were supposed to be shooters can't actually shoot (though Gaines is shooting like 50% in games I watch). Their offensive efficiency has been garbage.

They have as good a chance as anyone

Reaction Score
Watching this game and was wondering, did Garwey Dual ever get suspended for that punch he threw in the Kansas St. game?

Reaction Score

They’re a scrappy team. Definitely exposing some weaknesses in Marquette’s interior D and shooting. Weird game so far. PC is a terrible shooting team but Marquette has had to help so much they’re giving them a lot of open looks from 3, meanwhile Marquette has been turning down wide open looks from three seemingly all game and ending up with contested paint or midrange looks. A bit head scratching from Shaka so far.

Reaction Score
Completely unimpressed by Marquette that half. Couldn't have looked worse, which is good for their second half I guess. Got bullied on the boards.
On the PC side, a lot to like from Gaines. Dual is so overhyped at this point, looks like a 3 year project instead of a lottery pick.
I enjoy watching all of the old UConn players play except Floyd. I will never root for him and it's clear he doesn't have the level to play at UConn either.
Honestly though I am impressed with the level of the George Mason transfers Kim brought in. PC will be a tough fight every time

caw

Reaction Score
Completely unimpressed by Marquette that half. Couldn't have looked worse, which is good for their second half I guess. Got bullied on the boards.
On the PC side, a lot to like from Gaines. Dual is so overhyped at this point, looks like a 3 year project instead of a lottery pick.
I enjoy watching all of the old UConn players play except Floyd. I will never root for him and it's clear he doesn't have the level to play at UConn either.
Honestly though I am impressed with the level of the George Mason transfers Kim brought in. PC will be a tough fight every time

I disagree on Floyd, he makes some great off the ball cuts on offense for PC, plays solid defense and last year shot well. I think he could actually play decently for UConn off the bench. He's no star, but he could get PT.

PC is doing a good job shooting in front of their home crowd but they take a lot of stupid shots for mediocre shooters. PC has made Marquette pay by making the extra pass, they just don't always do it.

Dual is really lanky but he also is kind of a hotheaded idiot at times.

Marquette looks like they really don't run a great offense without the magic of Kolek, and he is playing just OK this game.

Reaction Score
I disagree on Floyd, he makes some great off the ball cuts on offense for PC, plays solid defense and last year shot well. I think he could actually play decently for UConn off the bench. He's no star, but he could get PT.
If this game is any indication, he’s working his way out of even the PC rotation. He wouldn’t have been taking meaningful minutes from anyone in the UConn rotation. Wish him the best, but clearly was best for UConn that he made the decision he did.

Reaction Score
re: Providence v Mq.

Fun to watch, if you like to watch rock fights. Grab, tug, pull, push... both teams really. Bodies flying left and right. Given all that, it does take skill to put the ball in the basket, and they both do it well. Yep. No thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom