Week of 1/29 Other games | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/29 Other games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Meh, I think that's more of a front Calipari puts on to try to disguise his shortcomings, although now the UK fans aren't buying it anymore
That's true, it could be a post hoc rationalization for why he isn't winning as much as he should over the last 10 years.

Reaction Score
PC only had 4 players score in their game. No one from PC scored over 20. I'm not sure I've ever seen that.
Corey Floyd went 0-4 and scoreless after matching a 2024-high 7 points against us (naturally).

His line was like a Denny's breakfast deal -- 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 2 turnovers, 2 fouls. Pretty putrid production in 21 minutes.

He's like a poor man's Brendan Adams, a guy who Hurley rightfully decided our program had advanced beyond, 3 years ago.

Reaction Score
I think I’m just so scared of the possibility of us not getting Brooklyn and Boston because I can’t imagine a better scenario as a fan, and we’ve been sent to odd regions several times while certain programs seem to get special treatment
We are a stone cold lock for Brooklyn at this point.

There are no other programs in the region who would deserve it over us, and we would have to fall to a #4 seed or worse to not get that kind of geographic preference overall. It is virtually impossible for us to be leapfrogged by teams like Illinois or Auburn, and you'd need like 6 of those.

Boston there's a little more risk, but we are very firmly entrenched on the #1 line at the moment, and would get preference over UNC unless they basically run the table and/or we lose non-Marquette, non-Creighton games.

The #1 seeds are us, Purdue, Houston/Kansas, and UNC/Tennessee at the moment. And the latter two actually lost this week!

I think you don't quite appreciate how much of a gulf there is between us/Purdue and everyone else.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Similar, but at a lesser scale, to Ollie winning with Calhoun's players.

Ollie recruited those players for JC and was Assistant Head Coach so in essence they were his players also. Noticed none of them left even with the tournament probation that JC left the program.
Please stop this ridiculousness.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think I’m just so scared of the possibility of us not getting Brooklyn and Boston because I can’t imagine a better scenario as a fan, and we’ve been sent to odd regions several times while certain programs seem to get special treatment
I think UConn has won a few NCs via playing in the Western Regional

Reaction Score
We are a stone cold lock for Brooklyn at this point.

There are no other programs in the region who would deserve it over us, and we would have to fall to a #4 seed or worse to not get that kind of geographic preference overall. It is virtually impossible for us to be leapfrogged by teams like Illinois or Auburn, and you'd need like 6 of those.

Boston there's a little more risk, but we are very firmly entrenched on the #1 line at the moment, and would get preference over UNC unless they basically run the table and/or we lose non-Marquette, non-Creighton games.

The #1 seeds are us, Purdue, Houston/Kansas, and UNC/Tennessee at the moment. And the latter two actually lost this week!

I think you don't quite appreciate how much of a gulf there is between us/Purdue and everyone else.
I appreciate you guys making me feel better lol

Reaction Score
It's absolutely paranoia in this situation. UNC has a neutral court double digit loss to UConn in addition to 2 more losses. 2 of those losses are Q2. As of right now, none of their remaining home games are Q1 (and that includes Clemson, which is close-ish at 37) and they only have two road games against Top 70 NET teams. So they're more or less maxed out at 7 Q1 regular season wins.

UConn already has 8, and 4 out of their last 9 will be Q1 opportunities.

A lot can happen, but there's a gulf here between UConn and UNC aside from the head-to-head beatdown. And they don't have many opportunities to actually improve their resume.
Jeff Borzello agrees with you.

The Huskies get the edge for me at No. 1 because of injury issues in both losses and their consistent dominance over opponents, especially at full strength. But Purdue is the only other team with a case to be ranked No. 1, and there's a sizable drop-off after the Huskies and Boilermakers.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Jeff Borzello agrees with you.

The Huskies get the edge for me at No. 1 because of injury issues in both losses and their consistent dominance over opponents, especially at full strength. But Purdue is the only other team with a case to be ranked No. 1, and there's a sizable drop-off after the Huskies and Boilermakers.

That's how I see it. 1-2 are more clear than anything else right now. That 3-8 group is more muddled and there's room for teams to move quite a bit. Just when KU wasn't looking good they thumped Houston pretty solidly. I think we will see lots of shifting in that next tier.

Reaction Score
I don't think either Purdue or UConn has peaked yet- both coaches will be working in bench players when appropriate to be ready for March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom