Week 6 Polls (UConn 25 AP/27 Coaches) | The Boneyard

Week 6 Polls (UConn 25 AP/27 Coaches)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Still 2nd team out in the coaches Gonzaga is 21 and Vandy is 23 both 6-3. GW jumps in at 22, Cincy moves up 2 to 20 after loss to now #10 Xavier, Providence moves up to 14, UNC down to 11 and Maryland up to 7. MSU, ISU, Ok, UK, KU and Duke are the top 6. USCe is in at 25 joining GW as newbies and UCLA is just out at 26. OR and Utah dropped out.

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/basketball-men/polls/coaches-poll/2015/6/

Mods feel free to edit title add AP once out.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
August_West said:
If the voters are all named Seth Davis, sure.

We could lose to Lowell and he'd still rank them.

Reaction Score
I was one who said that a tight loss to a higher ranked opponent shouldn't result in moving down in the polls, but I didn't anticipate how bad we would look for most of the game. For that reason, I had written it off as a week of moving down.

However, the voters must have either attributed everything to Maryland being amazing or just looked at the final score. Either way, it's a pleasant surprise.

Reaction Score
I can't begin to understand the AP poll. About time something sliced in our favor! Now we've got a nice period to win some games and slowly creep back up.

Reaction Score
I was one who said that a tight loss to a higher ranked opponent shouldn't result in moving down in the polls, but I didn't anticipate how bad we would look for most of the game. For that reason, I had written it off as a week of moving down.

However, the voters must have either attributed everything to Maryland being amazing or just looked at the final score. Either way, it's a pleasant surprise.
I think a large factor is the amount of loses by teams in the low 20s and no one in the ARV did anything of note. OSU is bad, but beating them by 20 looks good

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I guess 20 pt beat downs of brand name opponents no matter how down they are make a positive impression on voters, and giant comebacks against really good teams on neutral courts that fall short. I'll take it.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Jerry1714 said:
Well you do realize he was not the only one who ranked us right?
Are you certain? It's been determined he and and Katz are the same person, could be more Seth clones out there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No bad losses yet and we played some real games vs real opponents. 2 3 pt losses and loss to #7 team looks better than a win over a CCSU. I think it's fair. OSU will not be a bad team later in the year, and we dominated them.

Reaction Score
Pleasantly surprised...maybe the voters watched the last 10 mins of Marlyand game and first half of OSU?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I guess 20 pt beat downs of brand name opponents no matter how down they are make a positive impression on voters, and giant comebacks against really good teams on neutral courts that fall short. I'll take it.

Yes.

OSU played #8 Virginia to a 6 point loss, while UConn gave them a beating. OSU Plays Kentucky next, .....

Reaction Score
It's always nice to be in the top 25- I don't see how Uconn should be ranked ahead of Gonzaga, but it happens.

Reaction Score
Zags don't have any "bad" loses but 2/3 at home isn't a good look.
Technically we are undefeated both at home and on the road!

Haven't played an actual road game yet. Is Texas really the first one?

Reaction Score
This is subtly important for perception -- having the number next to our name for at least a few weeks keeps us in the public's eye.

At the very least it should keep our own fans from thinking that the sky is falling.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Color me shocked. I didn't think a 1-1 week would get us back in. Pleasantly surprised. Now let's stay there for the remainder of the season and kick some butt!
Color me also. Actually I can't believe it. Don't get me wrong, real happy about it. So, tell me, how did that happen. AP thought Atlantis was a fluke? Again, real happy. This ranking may be the match to light the fire.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Texas A&M got 152 points at #24 and UConn got 47 points at #25. Oh well, I'll take it.

Reaction Score
This seems about right.

I mean absolutely *atrocious* 1st halves aside - we outplayed Gonzaga and Maryland in the second halves. They were both close games to two ostensibly top-10 teams. We beat Michigan and Ohio State and lost to Syracuse (who is another top 25 team). I'd suspect if we beat Georgetown and Texas, we'll be in top-20 shape headed into conference season...

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
This seems about right.

I mean absolutely *atrocious* 1st halves aside - we outplayed Gonzaga and Maryland in the second halves. They were both close games to two ostensibly top-10 teams. We beat Michigan and Ohio State and lost to Syracuse (who is another top 25 team). I'd suspect if we beat Georgetown and Texas, we'll be in top-20 shape headed into conference season...
I hope you are right. ...on both counts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom