Week 4 | The Boneyard

Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some big matchups this weekend.

Honestly, I could have done without the international break. It still seems like the WC ended a month ago and the Leagues had picked up steam.

Most interesting game to me is Chelsea/Swansea, next would be Arsenal vs. Man City.

Sunderland/Tot is on at 9. I have a feeling that Jozy scores in this one.

Liv/Aston Villa has potential too.

La Liga also has some interesting games if you get the right channel.

Real Madrid Vs. Atletico Madrid

Barcelona vs. Athletic Bilbao (sp?)

Reaction Score
Spurs-Sunderland is 10am (according to espn). Was hoping it would be the 7:45 match and would have found a pub within 20 minutes of Rentschler to watch it at before heading to my tailgate.

I like Spurs, Chelski, a draw at the Emirates, Liverpool, and Man U will get off the slab picking up their first win over QPR (although would love to see Ferdinand score a game winner over his old club).

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Huge match for Swansea but I think Chelsea is too good. Plus it's at the Bridge. I know that Swansea has been good but I'm worried a week break may have snapped their form. We shall see. Sigurdsson was key in Iceland's victory and Ashley Williams played in Wales close win. Should have a fairly fresh squad which might help.

Reaction Score
Spurs-Sunderland is 10am (according to espn). Was hoping it would be the 7:45 match and would have found a pub within 20 minutes of Rentschler to watch it at before heading to my tailgate.

I like Spurs, Chelski, a draw at the Emirates, Liverpool, and Man U will get off the slab picking up their first win over QPR (although would love to see Ferdinand score a game winner over his old club).

Keep forgetting I am on central time.

Reaction Score

If you have the Live Extra app you can watch it on your phone or a tablet. NBCSports is awesome for stuff like that.

Reaction Score
just had a friend (ManU fan) message me asking if i wanted to go to a bar and watch ManU/QPR on sunday. On reply I wrote that it would be a great battle for 17th. He did not find that funny.

This is going to be a fun year!

Reaction Score
If you have the Live Extra app you can watch it on your phone or a tablet. NBCSports is awesome for stuff like that.
I do, and can't believe I totally forgot about it since I use it all the time. Good looking out!

Reaction Score
I do, and can't believe I totally forgot about it since I use it all the time. Good looking out!

You should see if Plan B is open and willing to show the game. For some reason we got to that place on the rare occasion that I make it home for a game.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
What a contest in City vs. Arsenal.

Spurs trying something different, scoring in the first minutes of the first and second half... up 2-1. With their yellow kit and Sunderland's white and red stripes, it looks like a better-attended version of Columbus Crew vs. Chivas USA.

Reaction Score
What a contest in City vs. Arsenal.

Spurs trying something different, scoring in the first minutes of the first and second half... up 2-1. With their yellow kit and Sunderland's white and red stripes, it looks like a better-attended version of Columbus Crew vs. Chivas USA.

While I wanted a better result, esepcially giving up a late goal, the Arsenal and Man City game was a lot of fun. I was surprised how aggressive both teams were in injury time with it tied 2 to 2. I assumed Man City would take the tie away and instead they attacked well (the waived off goal was the correct call) and intron has to trust their back center pair to ward off some strong counters from the gunners. Wrried about Debuchy's injury (yet again the injury bug bites Arsenal early).

Chelsea took care of Swansea. They have been impressive. I would put them above everyone else with Man City behind them. Arsenal and Liverpool are fighting for 3/4. Then again, it's early.

In even better news, my 1/2 Grade team won their first game oft he year today 2 to 1.

Reaction Score
I agree on Chelsea, but hat happens when Costa cools off? He can't stay at this level forever. Plus they give up goals.. They will have some wtf moments sooner or later.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Tough week for me. I come home from the FB game to find both my teams (L'Pool, Stoke) lost to inferior opponents

Reaction Score
Ya, Costa having a dream start for the Blues, and you are correct meyers, it is Chelsea's to lose. They've looked consistently good, week in and week out. Whether you love or hate Mourinho(sp?), the results don't lie...the guys just wins.

Spurs gave up a one goal lead on 2 occasions @ Sunderland for the draw (as much as things change...they remain the same) with the 2nd one being an awful own goal by the boy-wonder. Gotta get 3 points v. WBA Sunday. They have a relatively tough Europa opening match @ Partizan Belgrade who are a solid club, but one Spurs should handle. I'm predicting a draw. Partizan missed out on making Champions League by away goals differential in their play-in games v Ludgorets (they drew 2-2 at home and 1-1 away).

Reaction Score
I like Mourinho. In some ways he seems like the ultimate manager. I don't particularly care for Chelsea, but they are fun to watch.

I guess nobody wants to talk about Man U thrashing QPR. Man U switched to a 4-4-2 and they pretty much looked like a different team. I stopped watching when it got to 3-0. They are going to come storming back and it's not like they have the Champions League games to worry about so they are going to be more fresh every weekend.

Reaction Score
I like Mourinho. In some ways he seems like the ultimate manager. I don't particularly care for Chelsea, but they are fun to watch.

I guess nobody wants to talk about Man U thrashing QPR. Man U switched to a 4-4-2 and they pretty much looked like a different team. I stopped watching when it got to 3-0. They are going to come storming back and it's not like they have the Champions League games to worry about so they are going to be more fresh every weekend.

With Man U's talent and money, I have always been concerned about Man U towards the end of the season should they finally get their act together. If their trashing of QPR turns out to be a trend an not just an aberration, I am very concerned, especially as the annual injury bug curtails Arsenal's success early on. I believe that Chelsea maybe too far out in front to be threatened by Man U; but, they could be a problem for the other teams vying for a Top 3 finish (Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom