Week 3 Offensive Film Breakdown Part I: Areas for Improvement | The Boneyard

Week 3 Offensive Film Breakdown Part I: Areas for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
These plays confirms what everyone has been saying on the boneyard. Shirreffs pulls the ball down and runs way too early in the pass plays which eliminate the possibility of hitting some open receivers. I am sure he was coached to run where he see an open lane to run through. All this is understandable from both the coach's perspective and the quarterback's perspective based on the problems of the offensive line the past two years. Hopefully, going forward both the coaches and Sherriff gain more confidence in the offensive line ( less missed blocks would help in this regard) . Sherriffs is going to have to show more patience in the pocket for this offense to get any better. I would rather have him throw the ball away when the pocket breaks down than run with the ball. He hasn't been very successful running most of the time due partly to the fact that the other teams are anticipating his runs and defending it quite well.

Reaction Score
These plays confirms what everyone has been saying on the boneyard. Shirreffs pulls the ball down and runs way too early in the pass plays which eliminate the possibility of hitting some open receivers. I am sure he was coached to run where he see an open lane to run through. All this is understandable from both the coach's perspective and the quarterback's perspective based on the problems of the offensive line the past two years. Hopefully, going forward both the coaches and Sherriff gain more confidence in the offensive line ( less missed blocks would help in this regard) . Sherriffs is going to have to show more patience in the pocket for this offense to get any better. I would rather have him throw the ball away when the pocket breaks down than run with the ball. He hasn't been very successful running most of the time due partly to the fact that the other teams are anticipating his runs and defending it quite well.

Throwing the ball away would go against the philosophy of ball control, time of possession and running the clock down. I think Sherriffs needs to improve on reading ALL of his options, even at the risk of taking a sack (still runs the clock) before running down field so quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate
Top Bottom