Week 26 | The Boneyard

Week 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Ok I see how it is. Spurs draw at home to West Ham and we don't get a thread started by all you Tottenham fans? :p Well here it is!

SUCK IT UNITED! Swansea took it to them and pulled out the 2-1 win! First time ever they pulled off the double against them! Was awesome to watch! After a crappy month plus from Swansea, it was a great feeling to watch that game. Granted ManU created tons of pressure, it was the final score that mattered! Key 3 points!

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Ok I see how it is. Spurs draw at home to West Ham and we don't get a thread started by all you Tottenham fans? :p Well here it is!

SUCK IT UNITED! Swansea took it to them and pulled out the 2-1 win! First time ever they pulled off the double against them! Was awesome to watch! After a crappy month plus from Swansea, it was a great feeling to watch that game. Granted ManU created tons of pressure, it was the final score that mattered! Key 3 points!

Spurs fans thank you for that result!

Reaction Score
This Spurs fan was travelling in much warmer climates the past week plus, so unfortunately I missed all the games. From what I was told by my brother (who watched, and is not a fan), Spurs were lucky to get out of it with a point, West Ham outplayed them throughout. I predcted the draw before the wekeend, Spurs always struggle the weekends after playing midweek Europa or Cup matches. I would not surprised to see Chelski destroy Spurs Sunday in the League Cup finals since (a) Chelsea is a better side with some payback on their mind given the most recent result between the two, and (b) Spurs play in Italy on Thursday

5 teams still in the mix for the 3 & 4 spots (Chelsea and City are locks 1 & 2).
Liverpool is 'righting' the ship as of late and have re-entered the race for top 4, Southampton is starting to slide, Arsenal is getting healthy, United and Spurs are both too inconsistent and giving away points they need..... It should be an entertaining last couple of months.

Reaction Score
This Spurs fan was travelling in much warmer climates the past week plus, so unfortunately I missed all the games. From what I was told by my brother (who watched, and is not a fan), Spurs were lucky to get out of it with a point, West Ham outplayed them throughout. I predcted the draw before the wekeend, Spurs always struggle the weekends after playing midweek Europa or Cup matches. I would not surprised to see Chelski destroy Spurs Sunday in the League Cup finals since (a) Chelsea is a better side with some payback on their mind given the most recent result between the two, and (b) Spurs play in Italy on Thursday

5 teams still in the mix for the 3 & 4 spots (Chelsea and City are locks 1 & 2).
Liverpool is 'righting' the ship as of late and have re-entered the race for top 4, Southampton is starting to slide, Arsenal is getting healthy, United and Spurs are both too inconsistent and giving away points they need..... It should be an entertaining last couple of months.

Big Champions League game for the Gunners today in London, absolutely need all 3 points at home against those damn gambling addicts from Monaco, which is not even part of France; but, somehow plays in Ligue 1.

After Monaco, Arsenal shoudl have 2 easier matches in the Premiership with Everton (Sorry Tim) and then QPR. The schedule gets rough after with an important league match at home against West Ham tucked in between an away FA Quarterfinal with Man U and the return leg Champions fixture with Monaco. Ouch!

In 2022, with November and December off for the Qatar disaster, will EPL teams be playing 3 games a week to make-up for the lost time?

Reaction Score
In 2022, with November and December off for the Qatar disaster, will EPL teams be playing 3 games a week to make-up for the lost time?
It will be a snow show. Not only the WC, but think of all the friendlies played in the month+ leading into WC play (usually played in May/June) that will now need to happen in October. Maybe they reduce a few, but WTF. I have no clue how they are going to squeeze it all in. I wonder if they'd start the seasons in July rather than August, and maybe end it late May/early June, as well as build a couple more midweek games into the mix. Also how will it impact UCL and Europa. Teams are going to be playing a boat load of games from August thru May, and those players on WC rosters (who are also playig UCL/Europa) are going to be especially dead legged as April and May comes along.

Reaction Score
It will be a e show. Not only the WC, but think of all the friendlies played in the month+ leading into WC play (usually played in May/June) that will now need to happen in October. Maybe they reduce a few, but WTF. I have no clue how they are going to squeeze it all in. I wonder if they'd start the seasons in July rather than August, and maybe end it late May/early June, as well as build a couple more midweek games into the mix. Also how will it impact UCL and Europa. Teams are going to be playing a boat load of games from August thru May, and those players on WC rosters (who are also playig UCL/Europa) are going to be especially dead legged as April and May comes along.

Imagine if some stars are injured during the Cup eliminating their availability for the second half of a season along with Cup matches? Barca, Real, Chelsea, Man U, etc. will join forces and burn FIFA down. I'll bring the marshmallows.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Imagine if some stars are injured during the Cup eliminating their availability for the second half of a season along with Cup matches? Barca, Real, Chelsea, Man U, etc. will join forces and burn FIFA down. I'll bring the marshmallows.
This was my thought exactly. There are going to be some big name teams that are going to be GREATLY impacted. You look at the top teams in Europe and they are chock full of WC players. I can't even begin to imagine how this turns out well for anyone.

Reaction Score
This was my thought exactly. There are going to be some big name teams that are going to be GREATLY impacted. You look at the top teams in Europe and they are chock full of WC players. I can't even begin to imagine how this turns out well for anyone.

I just can't believe that the big leagues and clubs have been so quiet on this. You would think that they would be vehemently against this.

Reaction Score
I just can't believe that the big leagues and clubs have been so quiet on this. You would think that they would be vehemently against this.
My guess is it will get noisier once these current seasons end. If UEFA does concede the timing, follow the money.

Reaction Score
Good win for West Brom today. Team just looks totally different with Pulis now.

Southampton needs someone who can finish or else they are going drop like a rock.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Good win for West Brom today. Team just looks totally different with Pulis now.

Southampton needs someone who can finish or else they are going drop like a rock.

Good win and everyone behind them lost. Take Villa out twice this coming week and things look good.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
F Ben Foster.

Just a brutal loss today even if it was deserved based on the first 92 minutes.

Reaction Score
Completely forgot there were games yesterday, thought they were all today. I didn't catch any of them, but that is a HUGE 3 points for Villa.
Now we need Spurs to get 3 at home v the Swans, and duplicate it this weekend @ QPR.

Reaction Score
F Ben Foster.

Just a brutal loss today even if it was deserved based on the first 92 minutes.

Yeah. Bizarro loss.

Maybe if Villa still gets relegated they can get Guzan.

Reaction Score
Gunners got 3 points over relegation zone QPR giving-up a late goal to win 2 to 1. Still in 3rd place 4 points behind Man City and 1 ahead of Man U and 2 ahead of Liverpool. Rest of the month is tough though with an FA match against Man U, a waste of a trip to Monaco in the second leg of the Champions quarters finals followed by league games with Newcastle and a big one with red hit Liverpool.

Reaction Score
I was bummed when Man U got that 89th minute winner v Newcastle yesterday. Everyone else who is in the "Europe" conversation pretty much held serve midweek. Spurs visit QPR Saturday for a makeup match to get them level on games with everyone else. 3 points there gets them within 3 points of top 4. In looking at the rest of the schedules, and who teams have to play that are top 10 in the table (as well as non-league matche) this is what the final 2.5 months are looking like:
- Spurs have @ United, @ Southampton, City, and @ Stoke
- Southamption have @ Chelsea, @ Stoke, Spurs, @ City.
- United have FA Cup v Arsenal, Spurs, @ Liverpool, City, @ Chelsea, Arsenal, and potential of more FA Cup matches
- Arsenal have FA Cup @ United, West Ham, UCL match @ Monaco, Liverpool, Chelsea, Swansea, @ United, and potnetial of more FA Cup and UCL (matches
- Liverpool have FA Cup match, @ Swansea, @ United, Arsenal, @ Chelsea, Stoke, and potential of more FA Cup matches
- City have UCL @ Barca, @ United, West Ham, @ Spurs, @ Swansea, and potential of more UCL matches.
- Chelsea have UCL @ PSG, Southampton, Stoke, United, @ Arsenal, Liverpool, and potential UCL matches.

Spurs appea to heave the easiest path, while Liverpool, United, and Arsenal have a tougher road to hoe, especially if they continue on in FA or UCL play.

Reaction Score
I was bummed when Man U got that 89th minute winner v Newcastle yesterday. Everyone else who is in the "Europe" conversation pretty much held serve midweek. Spurs visit QPR Saturday for a makeup match to get them level on games with everyone else. 3 points there gets them within 3 points of top 4. In looking at the rest of the schedules, and who teams have to play that are top 10 in the table (as well as non-league matche) this is what the final 2.5 months are looking like:
- Spurs have @ United, @ Southampton, City, and @ Stoke
- Southamption have @ Chelsea, @ Stoke, Spurs, @ City.
- United have FA Cup v Arsenal, Spurs, @ Liverpool, City, @ Chelsea, Arsenal, and potential of more FA Cup matches
- Arsenal have FA Cup @ United, West Ham, UCL match @ Monaco, Liverpool, Chelsea, Swansea, @ United, and potnetial of more FA Cup and UCL (matches
- Liverpool have FA Cup match, @ Swansea, @ United, Arsenal, @ Chelsea, Stoke, and potential of more FA Cup matches
- City have UCL @ Barca, @ United, West Ham, @ Spurs, @ Swansea, and potential of more UCL matches.
- Chelsea have UCL @ PSG, Southampton, Stoke, United, @ Arsenal, Liverpool, and potential UCL matches.

Spurs appea to heave the easiest path, while Liverpool, United, and Arsenal have a tougher road to hoe, especially if they continue on in FA or UCL play.

At this point. If Southampton gets a Europa League slot then that would be an amazing acheivement.

Reaction Score
At this point. If Southampton gets a Europa League slot then that would be an amazing acheivement.
Agree 100%. I do thik they will slide as the season evolves and finish out of Europa, but the fact they've had the success they've had to date is AMAZING given all the losses incurred durng the off-season. Manager of the year type performance so far, IMO.

Reaction Score

Arsenal is playing in the Champions league? Could have fooled me and the team last week.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Yeah Southampton gets team of the year assuming they don't tank the rest of the season. They were in the relegation conversation before the season started. To be where they are without buying any big names and instead sold all their big names is very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom