Week 24 and 25 | The Boneyard

Week 24 and 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Should be a fun weekend in the PL. Saturday is bookended with two epic Derby's. The Scum visit White Hart Lane to kick off the weekend. I may need to get to my local for the 7:45am start. to see the Kane and Ericksen show disembowel Arsenel's back line. Come On You Spurrrrrsss!
The day ends with a 12:30 EST Merseyside derby where Liverpool crosses the street to Goodison Park and Everton. This is my favorite derby not invloving Spurs. Apparently the police are trying to get the start time moved up earlier as they believe it will be safer (a 5:30pm local start will have some pretty fueled up spectators).

Sunday's big match is Man U visiting West Ham.

Programming note, we have mid-week games. Match week 25 kicks off Tues/Wed games. Spurs will have to get over ther celebration quickly as they head to Liverpool for a Tuesday tilt.

Reaction Score
The Gunners had an easy practice on Sunday against a training squad visiting from Villa Par in Birmingham (sorry Guzan) with Ozil and Walcott warming up now that their fitness has improved. Ospina looks to be getting comfortable as the team's primary keeper, as expected. Even the defenses looked good. Thus, confidence is very high that this weekend will feature yet another 3 points for the Gunners and while the Spurs will be looking forward to another year in Europa.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Should be a fun weekend in the PL. Saturday is bookended with two epic Derby's. The Gunners visit The Scum at White Hart Lane to kick off the weekend. I may need to get to my local for the 7:45am start. to see the Kane and Ericksen show disembowel Arsenel's back line (the one that's given up less goals than the Scum?). Come On You Spurrrrrsss!
The day ends with a 12:30 EST Merseyside derby where Liverpool crosses the street to Goodison Park and Everton. This is my favorite derby not invloving Spurs. Apparently the police are trying to get the start time moved up earlier as they believe it will be safer (a 5:30pm local start will have some pretty fueled up spectators).

Sunday's big match is Man U visiting West Ham.

Programming note, we have mid-week games. Match week 25 kicks off Tues/Wed games. Spurs will have to get over ther celebration quickly as they head to Liverpool for a Tuesday tilt.
FYP. :cool:

Reaction Score
Harry Kane is a Patriots fan. Which sucks because he was really growing on me.

Reaction Score
The Gunners had an easy practice on Sunday against a training squad visiting from Villa Par in Birmingham (sorry Guzan) with Ozil and Walcott warming up now that their fitness has improved. Ospina looks to be getting comfortable as the team's primary keeper, as expected. Even the defenses looked good. Thus, confidence is very high that this weekend will feature yet another 3 points for the Gunners and while the Spurs will be looking forward to another year in Europa.

More like target practice. How Villa remains above the bottom three is a thing of wonder.

Reaction Score
More like target practice. How Villa remains above the bottom three is a thing of wonder.

If the Villans cannot stop a team from scoring (losing 5 to 0 in EPL is embarrassing) and can't score themselves (Villans have not scored since before the holidays or over 600 game minutes, then deregulation is in their future.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
shutterstock_58793302.jpg

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
During the 2nd half I was thinking - wow, Harry's tryout for Real Madrid is going really well.

I started getting nervous when I saw Levy smiling.

Reaction Score
250 mil and Man U is still a hot mess. Wayne Rooney as a right mid?

Reaction Score
250 mil and Man U is still a hot mess. Wayne Rooney as a right mid?

Just can't find any sympathy at all. In fact, I would have a good laugh if they end-up in Europa with their total salary. Provided Arsenal does make the Champions league :)

Reaction Score

The only condolence that I can come-up with is that the North London Derby is so heated that not matter the record of each team, it's a dog fight for the Gunners to win at White Hart Lane. The reverse also applies.

The good news is that Tottenham seems to play up or down with it's competition this season. Arsenal's next 3 premiership games are against last place Leicester City, 13th place Crystal Palace and 12th place Everton (with a FA cup game against Middlesborough and a Champions match with Monaco tucked in between). Tottenham has Liverpool, West Ham, and Swansea next. After that stretch, Arsenal should be back ahead in the standings.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The only condolence that I can come-up with is that the North London Derby is so heated that not matter the record of each team, it's a dog fight for the Gunners to win at White Hart Lane. The reverse also applies.

The good news is that Tottenham seems to play up or down with it's competition this season. Arsenal's next 3 premiership games are against last place Leicester City, 13th place Crystal Palace and 12th place Everton (with a FA cup game against Middlesborough and a Champions match with Monaco tucked in between). Tottenham has Liverpool, West Ham, and Swansea next. After that stretch, Arsenal should be back ahead in the standings.
Yea, I'm hoping we can go on a good run here. Sanchez should be back shortly too. Hopefully today.

Reaction Score
Yea, I'm hoping we can go on a good run here. Sanchez should be back shortly too. Hopefully today.

So far, so good. Arsenal took a 2 to 0 lead into halftime over Leicester and Sanchez is back on the pitch. How he works with Ozil is a big question for the Gunners. The Spurs are knotted-up with Liverpool 1 to 1, also at half.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Three big points for WBA, apologies to our resident Swansea fan.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Three big points for WBA, apologies to our resident Swansea fan.
Yeah it was absolutely terrible! After they beat Southampton I had hopes that they'd be turning it back around. Then they pull a draw against Sunderland and a loss to West Brom and it's back to crap....at least they won enough at the beginning of the season that relegation shouldn't be an issue but damn, they need to figure out how to score and beat the teams they should be beating. Solid win for West Brom though...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah it was absolutely terrible! After they beat Southampton I had hopes that they'd be turning it back around. Then they pull a draw against Sunderland and a loss to West Brom and it's back to crap....at least they won enough at the beginning of the season that relegation shouldn't be an issue but damn, they need to figure out how to score and beat the teams they should be beating. Solid win for West Brom though...

West Brom was a pretty solid favorite today - but Swansea looked terrible. At least you don't have to sweat relegation - halfway through the Burnley game I was thinking about who I'd support in the BPL next year.

Reaction Score

True. Spurs ionconsistency is painful. Add in Spurs get Fiorentina home and away for Europa, and play Chelsea in the Cap One Cup finals March 1st. It's a brutal stretch for them. Good news is, get thru that and they're remaining "big" matches are City at home and @ Man U. They've been holding serve at home against the historical top 4 clubs, which is unusual for them). Fingers crossed they are in spitting distance of top 4 down the stretch.

Reaction Score
West Brom was a pretty solid favorite today - but Swansea looked terrible. At least you don't have to sweat relegation - halfway through the Burnley game I was thinking about who I'd support in the BPL next year.

I just hope that Ideye and Berahino is an actual strike partnership that will last until the end of the season and not just a one off. If West Brom can score goals then they have good chance at staying clear of the relegation zone.

Anichebe is no slouch either.

Also, I wish Sessegnon would start. And someone else besides Chris Brunt needs to take the free kicks.

Berahino will be sold most likely and then sit on the bench somewhere. And I don't think he will play much for England given how loaded they appear to be at Striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom