Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6) | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well, SEC not having such a bad week after all. Kentucky's big comeback against Indiana and Arkansas taking out Baylor is balancing out South Carolina and Mississippi St. losing at least somewhat. The Texas-Texas A&M game could really put the SEC over the top depending on outcome.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Northern Iowa and Wichita St. are in double OT, tied with under a minute left. Maybe this game will never end.

Reaction Score
Well, SEC not having such a bad week after all. Kentucky's big comeback against Indiana and Arkansas taking out Baylor is balancing out South Carolina and Mississippi St. losing at least somewhat. The Texas-Texas A&M game could really put the SEC over the top depending on outcome.

South Carolina looked better today. Guess we will see if USF game woke MSU up.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
South Carolina looked better today. Guess we will see if USF game woke MSU up.

Oops, yeah I should've noted South Carolina beating a ranked Iowa St. team today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not able to watch. Oregon St. was up 8 at halftime vs. Colorado, now up 15 midway thru Q3. Goodman having a big game, Goforth too. Jones sat early w/ foul trouble and has barely scored. Mostly Hollingshed carrying the load for CU.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
56-39 Oregon St. thru Q3. Goodman has 22, Hollingshed has 19, but Aleah obviously getting more support from her teammates.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
My Sling subscription is not showing this game in Connecticut...:oops:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
70-53 final. OSU found their 3 point shooting, hit 10-27. 24 for Goodman, 11 each for Goforth and Mack.

21 for Hollingshed.

We're how many years into the JR Payne rebuilding project at CU? I just don't see any progress happening there.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
70-53 final. OSU found their 3 point shooting, hit 10-27. 24 for Goodman, 11 each for Goforth and Mack.

21 for Hollingshed.

We're how many years into the JR Payne rebuilding project at CU? I just don't see any progress happening there.
Yeah, in looking at the recent 4 bottom teams of WSU, UW, Col and Utah, I would say only Utah under Roberts seems to play well against other top teams and I am not aware of transfers out.

Reaction Score
Yeah, in looking at the recent 4 bottom teams of WSU, UW, Col and Utah, I would say only Utah under Roberts seems to play well against other top teams and I am not aware of transfers out.
Agree, There are basically three levels of teams in the Pac-12.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
And who's gonna balance out the tragicomedy that is Auburn ... and Vanderbilt ... and (gulp) LSU? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
And who's gonna balance out Auburn ... and Vanderbilt ... and (gulp) LSU? :rolleyes:

Just pretend they don't exist, their play reflects it ;)

SEC has some solid teams, the bottom teams are just really bad.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I would say only Utah under Roberts seems to play well against other top teams and I am not aware of transfers out.

Well they did lose a conference FOY who is now playing quite well for Kentucky, that one hurt.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
And who's gonna balance out the tragicomedy that is Auburn ... and Vanderbilt ... and (gulp) LSU? :rolleyes:

Cal this year might be the worst P5 team in the country, and some other Pac 12 teams near the bottom probably don't stack up well either, so I won't go after the low hanging fruit in the SEC at the moment.

I love to hate the SEC, but I have to tip my cap, collectively they picked up some really nice wins today.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
On a men's basketball note... Sunday was the first time ever NCA&T hosted a P5 opponent. The Stanford Cardinal were in Asheville for the Maui Invitational earlier in the week.... and since their games in California were cancelled.. they were just hanging out in Chapel Hill practicing and trying to find games. This was Stanford's first time visiting a HBCU and in part of the agreement.... My Aggies will visit Palo Alto next season for a game. :)

Reaction Score

It's interesting because in the JR Payne era, Colorado has had some decent wins. They beat #15 Kentucky in Boulder a few years ago, and NEARLY upset Stanford twice last season, so I think some progress has been made, but they haven't quite gotten over the proverbial hump to consistently challenge the top teams. If they still had Emma Clarke this year, I think they'd challenge a lot more teams, but alas, that wasn't to be. Early returns seems like Jaylyn Sherrod's sophomore campaign is off to a rough start after showing some sparks last year for the Buffaloes.

Speaking of, does anyone know why Taylor Jones only played 11 minutes against the Buffaloes?

Reaction Score
It's interesting because in the JR Payne era, Colorado has had some decent wins. They beat #15 Kentucky in Boulder a few years ago, and NEARLY upset Stanford twice last season, so I think some progress has been made, but they haven't quite gotten over the proverbial hump to consistently challenge the top teams. If they still had Emma Clarke this year, I think they'd challenge a lot more teams, but alas, that wasn't to be. Early returns seems like Jaylyn Sherrod's sophomore campaign is off to a rough start after showing some sparks last year for the Buffaloes.

Speaking of, does anyone know why Taylor Jones only played 11 minutes against the Buffaloes?
Taylor Jones was in foul trouble early. Silly fouls. Gave Rueck the chance to play 6'9" Jelena Mitrovic. Jelena ended up playing pretty well, and Rueck also has enough players at 6'3" to still have height when he needs it.

Reaction Score
Taylor Jones was in foul trouble early. Silly fouls. Gave Rueck the chance to play 6'9" Jelena Mitrovic. Jelena ended up playing pretty well, and Rueck also has enough players at 6'3" to still have height when he needs it.

Ooops. I looked at the wrong box for foul trouble. That would make sense! It was a great game from Goodman though!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom