Week 11 | The Boneyard

Week 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great first match this morning, Chelsea @ Liverpool. Looking forward to Sunday's Spurs-Stoke and Swans-Gooners. I'm interested to see how all the UCL and Europa teams bounce back from tough mid-week matches.

My "itinerary" for today:
7:10 jump on the treadmill to "melt some butter"
7:45 Liverpool v Chelsea from the treadmill to start, then finish on the couch
9:45 shower
10:00 watch first half of whichever game draws me in. Will start with Southanpton v Leicester or West Ham v Villa, but will flick around.
11am catch the 4 train to Yankee Stadium for our crews tailgate festivities
3:30 UConn game
8:30 meet up with my wife and some friends for dinner and drinks in West Village
Midnight - pass out (hope I make it that late...getting old)

Reaction Score
Man U just won, 1 - 0, over a Crystal Palace, which is in trying to stay out of the regulation zone. Man City is tied, 1 -1, at half with QPR, which is in the regulation zone. City is not having a good week on the pitch. Arsenal v Swansea should be a tight game tomorrow, unfortunately.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
City tied with QPR. Crazy. Aguero is a beast and if he can stay healthy all season will beat out Costa for most goals scored in EPL.

Good for Burnley getting their first win.

Hoping Swansea holds tough against Arsenal tomorrow and comes away with points. Was happy they got 3 two weeks ago and a point AT Everton last week while being a man down for the last 20 minutes or so of that game. Coming home to the Liberty will hopefully give them a boost to hang tight with Arsenal.

Reaction Score
Choosing to be both a Spurs AND UConn football fan is masochistic.

Reaction Score
Oh Arsenal....

Stoke City's first goal should have been disallowed.

Reaction Score
Damn it. Arsenal blows another lead and falls in Wales to Swansea in some lovely English weather. Ref was absolutely horrible missing an obvious foul and PK for Swansea early in the game then got yellow card happy an lost control of the match. Missed a hand ball in the box against Swansea in the closing minutes. Worst call was when there was contact in the Arsenal half and the assistant referee, who was a meter away, signaled a throw-in for Arsenal until the head referee ran in from 20+ meters away and gave a free kick to Swansea. Swansea's first goal off of a free kick was a thing of beauty and karma for the missed PK. Their second goal is all Wenger as Chambers was getting abused by Montero all day long and no adjustment was made until the very end after the second goal.

On a side note, UConn and USF are locked in a 0 to 0 tie in the second OT in the American women's soccer championship. Looks like it's going to PK's.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn women beat USF 3 to 2 on PK's, wins the American conference final and the automatic bid to the NCAA tournament. Congrats!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Great game from my Swans on Sunday. Glad Monk finally realized Montero needs to play. I like Dyer a lot but Montero takes the team into another gear offensively, something they desperately need. I'm not a huge Bony fan as I feel he's just a big oaf. I'd love to see what Gomis could do if given more playing time.

Rumor has it that Michu might be returned in January from Napoli. Could be an interesting turn of events if he actually comes back.

Reaction Score
Great game from my Swans on Sunday. Glad Monk finally realized Montero needs to play. I like Dyer a lot but Montero takes the team into another gear offensively, something they desperately need. I'm not a huge Bony fan as I feel he's just a big oaf. I'd love to see what Gomis could do if given more playing time.

Rumor has it that Michu might be returned in January from Napoli. Could be an interesting turn of events if he actually comes back.

That free kick against Arsenal was sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom