Week 10 Top 25 Games Jan 17-22 | The Boneyard

Week 10 Top 25 Games Jan 17-22

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
This week shows 4 games of Top 25 Matchups, 2 in the PAC12 on Fri/Sun and 1 each in the BigTen on Wed and 1 in the ACC on Thurs featuring our own @triaddukefan special of #13 Duke at #17 NC. Also, with Baylor dropping out of the Top 25 this week, ending a run of 305 consecutive weeks (since Jan 5, 2004), Maryland now has the second longest active streak at 241, followed by SC with 198, Stanford with 94 and NC State at 93. NC State is in jeopardy this week/year as they are in a free fall at #20 (Miami/Louisville) so they could be dropped by as early as next week. Yes, UCONN is #1 with 536 consecutive weeks and is 29 behind Tennesse's record of 565 consecutive. With an average of 21 rankings per year, we could/should tie and break the Lady Vols record at the end of Next year. Without further discussion, here is the weekly slate.
RKTuesday-Jan 17Home TeamTimeNetwork
5 UConn@ Seton Hall
7:00 PM​
Xavier@ 22 Villanova
Wednesday-Jan 18
10 Iowa@ Michigan State
15 Oklahoma@ TCU
7:30 PM​
BIG12|ESPN+
Oklahoma State@ 18 Iowa State
BIG12|ESPN+
RK6 Indiana@ 21 Illinois
8:00 PM​
25 Texas@ Texas Tech
BIG12|ESPN+
Thursday-Jan 19
16 Gonzaga@ Pacific
2:00 PM​
12 Virginia Tech@ Pittsburgh
6:00 PM​
ACCNX
Miami@ 20 NC State
ACCN
Northwestern@ 2 Ohio State
6:30 PM​
BTN
1 South Carolina@ Vanderbilt
SECN
7 Notre Dame@ Clemson
ACCNX
11 Maryland@ Wisconsin
RK13 Duke@ 17 North Carolina
ACCN
14 Michigan@ Rutgers
8:30 PM​
BTN
Arkansas@ 3 LSU
9:00 PM​
SECN
Friday-Jan 20
24 Colorado@ California
2:30 PM​
PAC12
RK8 Utah@ 4 Stanford
PAC12
22 Villanova@ Creighton
FS1
9 UCLA@ Washington
10:00 PM​
23 Oregon@ Oregon State
11:00 PM​
PAC12
Saturday-Jan 21
Butler@ 5UConn
12:00 PM​
Oklahoma State@ 15 Oklahoma
ESPN+
Kansas@ 18 Iowa State
BIG12|ESPN+
16 Gonzaga@ Saint Mary's
4:00 PM​
Sunday-Jan 22
Syracuse@ 13 Duke
12:00 PM​
ACCN
Wake Forest@ 12 Virginia Tech
1:00 PM​
ACCNX
20 NC State@ Louisville
1:00 PM​
ABC
Virginia@ 7Notre Dame
ACCN
11 Maryland@ Nebraska
Arkansas@ 1 South Carolina
3:00 PM​
ESPN2
9 UCLA@ Washington State
21 Illinois@ Northwestern
Georgia Tech@ 17 North Carolina
4:00 PM​
ACCN
RK24 Colorado@ 4 Stanford
5:00 PM​
19 Arizona@ Arizona State
PAC12
25 Texas@ Baylor
ESPN2
8 Utah@ California
PAC12

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Time to throw out the record books. :mad:

Screenshot_20230119-114443~2.png

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Before we go to the anxiety level of the Duke/NC game tonight (8 PM ACC main network!), I have to say I watched with baited breath on the ESPN game log for Iowa-Michigan State which went into Overtime. Iowa prevailed at MSU but man, what a game. The fact that the BigTen can't figure out how to have streaming the way the ACC or SEC does so the country could see a game like that, saddens me. Heck, I would even settle for a PAC12 type of arrangement. I still think Suzy Merchant is on the "watch list" but man, the BigTen has some great women's team this year and the top of their conference is better than any other conference by far. I know the various Metrics look at all the teams in the conference to determine strength but the BigTen has 5 or 6 teams who could make it to the Elite 8. No other conference has more than 2.

Reaction Score
Before we go to the anxiety level of the Duke/NC game tonight (8 PM ACC main network!), I have to say I watched with baited breath on the ESPN game log for Iowa-Michigan State which went into Overtime. Iowa prevailed at MSU but man, what a game. The fact that the BigTen can't figure out how to have streaming the way the ACC or SEC does so the country could see a game like that, saddens me. Heck, I would even settle for a PAC12 type of arrangement. I still think Suzy Merchant is on the "watch list" but man, the BigTen has some great women's team this year and the top of their conference is better than any other conference by far. I know the various Metrics look at all the teams in the conference to determine strength but the BigTen has 5 or 6 teams who could make it to the Elite 8. No other conference has more than 2.

Streaming how so? I could challenge and say ESPN needs to make streaming easier as you have to be American with a cable subscription or live overseas.

The BIG 10 has BTN+ and you can subscribe based on preference (basketball, WBB or MBB only, etc.). A full season of Basketball (MBB & WBB) costs me less than $100/year and I'm guessing it's less if you choose a specific team or just WBB. For me, it's the only service where I can subscribe from Canada with no issues or hoops to jump through.

Maybe they'll have a partnership with Fox going forward similar to ESPN's set up with their networks. Time will tell.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I use SLING Blue and Orange packages which has ACCN/ACCX, SEC/SECX, all the PAC 12 regions and the BigTen network and something called BigTen network-Alternative which is mostly off-air most of the time. So while I get Conferences want to maximize their revenue, but I just checked the subscription and it is $199.95 for the year. Sorry but that is WAY too much for WAY too little in benefit.

Reaction Score
I use SLING Blue and Orange packages which has ACCN/ACCX, SEC/SECX, all the PAC 12 regions and the BigTen network and something called BigTen network-Alternative which is mostly off-air most of the time. So while I get Conferences want to maximize their revenue, but I just checked the subscription and it is $199.95 for the year. Sorry but that is WAY too much for WAY too little in benefit.
Unfortunately, Sling, YouTube, Fubo aren't options we can access north of the border which is why I appreciate the existence of BTN+. None of the other P5 conferences provide this as an option for fans outside of the US, which I believe is because of ESPN. We can't get ESPN+ or ACCN/ACCX, SEC/SECX.

I hear you regarding price, but that sounds like it's the rate for the entire package (all sports and schools). Would figure it be like $ 50-$60 bucks considering the exchange rate if I'm paying $ 80 just for basketball. Who knows?

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Tonight's schedule really only has 2 good games (Miami/NC State and Duke/NC) and a 3rd game we only hope is good (Ark/LSU). All the others, on paper are mismatches.

Reaction Score
Tonight's schedule really only has 2 good games (Miami/NC State and Duke/NC) and a 3rd game we only hope is good (Ark/LSU). All the others, on paper are mismatches.

Key word is hope, but I believe it will be competitive. I can't see the Razorbacks shooting less than 30% from the field like the last game.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Looks like Clemson gave Notre Dame all they could handle earlier. And NC State beat Miami. ACC is wide open.

edit--also Florida St. had to come from behind against Virginia and Louisville was tied fairly late w/ BC before pulling it out. Cuse lost to Georgia Tech.

Let me just say...I'm not gonna try to predict any results of any game the rest of the way in the ACC.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Where were Celeste Taylor 1-6, 2 pts and Kennedy Brown 0-7, 2 pts did they forget the game was tonight? I know that Taylor was having a nice year, but the star was undoubtedly Deja Kelly 6-15, 19 pts. When is the rematch?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
When is the rematch?
I think February 26th.

BTW...I want to point out that NC State showed signs of life tonight against Miami, despite only having 8 available players, and losing one of those, center River Baldwin, to a leg injury in the 3rd quarter. I know the Wolfpack Women are attracting a lot of attention from those who would like to see their downward spiral continue but they staved off the death march for at least one game. We'll see what they can put together against Louisville on Sunday.

Reaction Score
I think February 26th.

BTW...I want to point out that NC State showed signs of life tonight against Miami, despite only having 8 available players, and losing one of those, center River Baldwin, to a leg injury in the 3rd quarter. I know the Wolfpack Women are attracting a lot of attention from those who would like to see their downward spiral continue but they staved off the death march for at least one game. We'll see what they can put together against Louisville on Sunday.
Saw that game and was thinking the same thing. They gutted it out and handled Miami's insane pressure to secure the win. That should be a big mental boost for the team in advance of Sunday's game. Glad it's on ABC and before the NFL divisional games. Should be a good one!

Reaction Score
Louisville - NC State is a genuine toss up to me. Louisville has had to battle to get their wins, including their recent victories over Pitt and Florida State. I think post play will be more of a factor for some reason.

Reaction Score
Where were Celeste Taylor 1-6, 2 pts and Kennedy Brown 0-7, 2 pts did they forget the game was tonight? I know that Taylor was having a nice year, but the star was undoubtedly Deja Kelly 6-15, 19 pts. When is the rematch?
That was the KB I remember at OSU. Couldn't make a 2-foot contested shot

Reaction Score
Taylor was out for most of the first half due to foul trouble. Picked up a tech/intentional and a blocking foul in quick succession. That first foul shouldn't have happened had she maintained her composure. It was a jump ball possession that went too far with both players.

My personal observation, Duke's starters were too hyped for this game and let their emotions get the best of them early. Several starters picked up early fouls being overly aggressive on defence. That didn't help matters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom