Week 10 AP Rankings and ESPN Power Rankings | The Boneyard

Week 10 AP Rankings and ESPN Power Rankings

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I thought for sure UConn would be Top 3 after Yesterday. Stanford (2) and Ohio State (3) both played in really competitive games.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Sort of figured UConn would jump a spot after UNC upset the Irish. tOSU barely held on vs IL, or the Huskies might have found themselves #3, exactly where they started the season. Still a lot of basketball to be played.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I thought for sure UConn would be Top 3 after Yesterday. Stanford (2) and Ohio State (3) both played in really competitive games.
Close wins typically don’t knock teams down in the polls. It really has to be a loss, as with ND, before the voters penalize a team in the polls.

Reaction Score
Close wins typically don’t knock teams down in the polls. It really has to be a loss, as with ND, before the voters penalize a team in the polls.

Oh, yes, I know. I just thought that Stanford was gonna get upset up until the last few minutes when Cal couldn’t buy a bucket.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Sort of figured UConn would jump a spot after UNC upset the Irish. tOSU barely held on vs IL, or the Huskies might have found themselves #3, exactly where they started the season. Still a lot of basketball to be played.
Just to be picky :), wasn't Texas the Preseason and early season AP #3?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Just wait, tOSU will go down just like ND. A lot of basketball yet to be played.

Reaction Score
Yes, the order was USC, Stanford, Texas, Iowa, Tennessee, and UCONN.

Reaction Score
If the top three teams had lost Sunday, would the Huskies -- despite their two defeats this season -- have ascended to No. 1 on the same day they didn't even have seven players available to play? The Gamecocks, Cardinal and Buckeyes held on, so we didn't have to make that call.

Maybe we should help them out and make the call for them. :D

Reaction Score
Didn't Uconn start at 6?

Reaction Score
Can we assume Creme will now list UConn as a #1 seed in the next Bracketology?

Reaction Score
Can we assume Creme will now list UConn as a #1 seed in the next Bracketology?

Seeing how the SEC is hurting for ranked opponents he'll let LSU leapfrog UConn. And I'm perfectly content with tOSU & LSU bearing the weight of being undefeated and being one seeds in January.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me but SC looks more beatable this year than last year, even though no one has done it yet. They still offensive rebound like no other team though. If you can make them shoot outside, cut their offensive rebounds some and shoot well yourself you can win. Gotta keep our turnovers down also though.

Reaction Score
The only poll that really counts is the last one when UCONN will be No.1 and NC 12 is on the rafters. Until then, I'll let everyone else post there rankings. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me but SC looks more beatable this year than last year, even though no one has done it yet. They still offensive rebound like no other team though. If you can make them shoot outside, cut their offensive rebounds some and shoot well yourself you can win. Gotta keep our turnovers down also though.
I’m not so sure. The point guard situation is worse. It shows in their scoring difficulties But they’re so deep everywhere else that it may never hurt them.

Reaction Score
I’m not so sure. The point guard situation is worse. It shows in their scoring difficulties But they’re so deep everywhere else that it may never hurt them.
Depth is so extremely overrated in basketball. The players are young a can play 40 minutes a night if conditioned to an elite level. The Aces dominated the WNBA this season with a 7 person rotation- 6 when one of their starters got injured. 7-8 player rotation’s are ideal for maximizing chemistry and maximizing the time your best players are on the floor while being able to give players a breather. Anything more, imo, is distributive and detracts from overall potential.

South Carolina is going to lose in the tournament because either 1) They kept their best players on the bench too long or 2) their best players have to play 10 or more minutes a night more than they are used to and can’t keep up. I’ve seen it happen so many times before.

Unless they are making new rules where you can play more than 5 at a time that I’m not aware of, I’ll take UConn’s top 7 over the rest of the country’s when healthy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom