Week 1 games (Nov. 25-29) | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Week 1 games (Nov. 25-29)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
You left out the most important poll of them all!
Indeed, but my sources suggest that the lone person who voted for FGCU in the BY25 poll wasn't aware that they'd lost all 5 starters from last year :cool:

Reaction Score
I’m definitely not a fan of playing mid majors like Gonzaga/South Dakota this early because they’re usually primed for the early season upset. Games like this are usually one of the most publicized games on their schedule right out the gate.

But Dawn schedules tough and her philosophy works because SC is tough to beat by the time conference play comes around. Its also worth noting that Dawn is still playing with the lineup.. she’s sitting some of our biggest contributors for entire halves just to see if other players can or will step up. Plus with Aliyah not dominating as much (Amihere is outplaying her in a way so far), it makes for some scary and tight games.

Boston better wake up though because she’s going against one of the best post players in the country on Thursday.

Also I understand - at least for the South Dakota game, not sure about the Gonzaga one - that Staley had her team playing zone to start the game. This is unusual for ANY Dawn Staley team at USC, and even moreso this early in the season. So it seems there were quite the experimentation going on with her team this early. They've held their first 3 opponents to just 20% 3-pt FG %, so it didn't hurt them much.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom