Week 1 Degen Thread | The Boneyard

Week 1 Degen Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
At the risk of upsetting my buddy Art, there seems to be a good amount of gambling interest these days and the EPL is good to handicap by.

I don't play offshore so lines just because available to me for play.

Obviously Thursday and Friday will draw a lot of gambling interest.

Monroe is getting 2.5 from Wake. Seems like that might be the wrong team favored and it doesn't look like it's getting back to 3. I'd lean towards a play on Monroe.

It's odd to have zero opinion on an AAC conference game but good luck with Tulane/Tulsa.

If Mississippi stays under 10 I'll play them against Boise. I already know if Boise lays 10 to UConn I'll be all over the Huskies.

Temple was 8-1 ATS as a dog last year but no thanks on 16 against Vandy.

I'd play Wazzu at 7 but not 8. Screw Rutgers. I'm going to fade them plenty. Flood sucks.

UConn sticks at 17 even with most BYU news negative. I already played UConn.

Colorado is favored over CSU... It pains me but I'll play Buffs if sticks at 2.5.

My favorite team to bet I already know in 2014 is UTSA. Of course they open against another team I really like Houston. 11 I'll take if it sticks.

Lot of people like UCF in Ireland. Don't see it myself. UCF has gone from +3 to -1.5.

I know Navy gives headaches but only 17 from Ohio State? Navy can win 10 but that's on schedule not talent.

Cal is brutal and Northwestern is laying 10. I have some blindspot on NW they kill me every year. Like them but I'll pass on my own NW history.

If I squint hard enough I can almost see UMass +15 making sense against BC.

How did WVU get so bad so fast? 25.5 from Bama and no thanks.

I think I'd take the Hogs +21.5 against Auburn if it stays over 3 TD.

WMU I'll play if >10 against Purdue.

It's a lot of points but Miss St is going to bury USM.

If game was today I'd take Wash -15.5 in Hawaii. I think overcorrected on Husky QB situation.

Utah State I'll play if it gets to 7.

The only other actual bet I've made is Texas and Texas State under 51. Loved that, so Texas State I'll be on if it gets to 24.

SMU is catching 33 from Baylor. Yikes. I don't see a total yet but I'm sure will push 80.

New Mexico I'd play at 7. It's -7.5 now. I will take that over if it stays at 66. New Mexico overs are enjoyable.

Louisville Miami is an interesting game Monday but no opinion really on who wins.

Reaction Score
Jumped on Monroe at +4 early and Wisky +5

Arkansas +21 looks enticing and I know UVA is awful but catching +21.5 with UCLA at 9am their time week 1 may have to be a play

Reaction Score
Funny. I had a dream last night that it was a scoreless game going into the 4th quarter and I mocked the 17 point spread to the person I was with.

TDH just rolled over in his grave even though he isn't dead yet.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I am all over the 17 points UCONN got/is getting. Already played. Now, I'm trying to decide if whether or not I play a ML UCONN. Nothing too adventurous, but currently sitting at +600 - +700 (depending on your action), a small play would provide a nice pay out should UCONN do the unthinkable (whaaaaaat?????) and actually win the game outright!

ML aside, the +17 is actually my favorite play of the week by far. I hope that I'm not viewing this game through Bob Diaco colored glasses.

Reaction Score
This is why I don't gamble. If I played UConn at +17 and they got blown out by 21 or more that would be too much for me to take in one night.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It's nothing personal, strictly business. Last year, I played against UCONN quite a few times before Vegas realized just how much of a train-wreck shamble Pasqualoni left the program in.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is why I don't gamble. If I played UConn at +17 and they got blown out by 21 or more that would be too much for me to take in one night.

What's worse is having UConn giving points and not covering. I never want to be in a position of not being 100% thrilled with a Husky win.

Reaction Score
I really like that UL Monroe pick.....Wake loses almost all of their offensive production from last year and has a new coach....gonna take them a while to figure things out.

Kinda like Temple too.....PJ Walker impressed me last season, he is only going to improve. Vandy is another team going through a coaching change. I think that can be a competitive game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I really like that UL Monroe pick.....Wake loses almost all of their offensive production from last year and has a new coach....gonna take them a while to figure things out.

Kinda like Temple too.....PJ Walker impressed me last season, he is only going to improve. Vandy is another team going through a coaching change. I think that can be a competitive game.

We were onto something with Monroe. They are now favored by 1.5.

UConn down to 16.

RAS released BC and Florida so those lines shot up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom