webster makes donation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
link

important part of this:

"More than $21.5 million has been raised to construct the basketball center on the former site of Memorial Stadium"

we already know about webster and uconn getting together for a great relationship but its good to know where we are $$ wise for this project.

Reaction Score
After WW1, stadiums were named after fallen soldiers. Then, they were named after donors. Now, they are named after corporations. :rolleyes:

Still can't believe Boise State let their arena be named after Taco Bell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here he is at the announcement:

th

In (vaguely) related news:

ESPN donates $1M to Bristol Family Center

Malloy should put the squeeze on them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
After WW1, stadiums were named after fallen soldiers. Then, they were named after donors. Now, they are named after corporations. :rolleyes:

Have a doritos locos theme and paint the field doritos orange.

Reaction Score
Anyone know when we are actually starting to build this?

Reaction Score
Well they tore down Memorial this summer, so I imagine it will be underway soon if not already started

Reaction Score
Here he is at the announcement:

In (vaguely) related news:

ESPN donates $1M to Bristol Family Center

Malloy should put the squeeze on them.

I wouldn't be surprised if an employee helped push/persuade this (locally). I am not that familiar with Bristol or their youth needs, but Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven, etc.. have dire needs for the youth and a $1m ESPN donation would certainly help fix them some. Not hating on Bristol or ESPN but just saying........

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if an employee helped push/persuade this (locally). I am not that familiar with Bristol or their youth needs, but Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven, etc.. have dire needs for the youth and a $1m ESPN donation would certainly help fix them some. Not hating on Bristol or ESPN but just saying........

All I will say is there are many youth in Bristol and other communities that are not named Hartford, New Haven, Waterbury, or Bridgeport that need centers.

Reaction Score
All I will say is there are many youth in Bristol and other communities that are not named Hartford, New Haven, Waterbury, or Bridgeport that need centers.
Get your corporate friends in line. Get something for your vote.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

With the way that court was painted? Made sense. Used to look like Taco Bell aftermath.

Reaction Score
link

important part of this:

"More than $21.5 million has been raised to construct the basketball center on the former site of Memorial Stadium"

we already know about webster and uconn getting together for a great relationship but its good to know where we are $$ wise for this project.

I dont get it. In July school officals said they had 90% of the monies needed to start the building process which is 27MM. Its a 40MM project and they needed 75% of that to start. 90% of 30MM is 27MM.

Reaction Score
It is at 60% right now, says it at end of article. Maybe the difference between 21 million and 27 million = Webster?

Reaction Score
WTIC radio interviewed Warde before the start of the football game and they asked him about the practice center. Warde had said that it was "his number 1 priority and number 2 and 3 on his list weren't even close" So it shows that Uconn is taking this very seriously and making this their biggest priority for Uconn athletics.

He also went on to say that he is in discussions with some big time donors trying to close deals on some big time donations, which is great news.

During the same interview there were a couple of technical errors and somethings said that shouldn't have been said on air that I'm sure the guy saying it was unaware of at the time but it was funny bc you heard Warde say in the background "Now this is just awkward".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom