Web Based Sprinkler Timer | The Boneyard

Web Based Sprinkler Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
This probably won't be much use to the folks in New England, but for those of you on the West Coast, you probably have sprinklers and sprinkler timers. Generally they are a pain to program and most folks don't bother to turn them off it's going to rain or run them to see if all the heads are OK. I've been looking for years and finally found one that is totally web based.

IrragationCaddy is a small controller that replaces your current controller. It needs an Ethernet connection. You can run an ethernet cable to it. I got a wireless access point so I didn't have to run a cable but use my wireless network to connect to it. There are no buttons or dials on the controller. You do everything from a web browser. The nice thing is the browser doesn't have to be on for normal operation. Once you save your program to the controller, no computer has to be on for it to work like a regular controller. You can use your web browser to set each zone's time on up to three programs. There is a cool calendar feature to see when things are scheduled to run.

I'm waiting for them to release an android app so I can turn zones on and off from my phone in the back yard to test things. But even now, I can turn a zone on from my computer when I know my wife is in the backyard. That's just gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom