Weather forecast deja vu.... | The Boneyard

Weather forecast deja vu....

Reaction Score
It was a drizzling rain for a 3:30 start. UConn built a 16-0 lead against South Florida & its running quarterback. Slowly the weather broke, with temperatures in the mid-70s & clear skies at game's end. UConn escaped with victory as the qb got stuffed by a stay at home Husky lineman on 3rd down, & he overthrew his receiver (out of bounds) on 4th down.
Saturday's forecast: Drizzling rain for a 3:30 start, with gradual clearing & temps. in the 60s-low 70s by game's end.

Almost make's one yearn for the "Sacreds from Old Latrobe" to put the mojo in play...

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
It was a drizzling rain for a 3:30 start. UConn built a 16-0 lead against South Florida & its running quarterback. Slowly the weather broke, with temperatures in the mid-70s & clear skies at game's end. UConn escaped with victory as the qb got stuffed by a stay at home Husky lineman on 3rd down, & he overthrew his receiver (out of bounds) on 4th down.
Saturday's forecast: Drizzling rain for a 3:30 start, with gradual clearing & temps. in the 60s-low 70s by game's end.

Almost make's one yearn for the "Sacreds from Old Latrobe" to put the mojo in play...

Where are you seeing any rain past maybe daybreak, due to Dorian? The forecast looks much better than what you're posting.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Which weather app are you looking at? According to weatherunderground, the chance of precipitation falls below 10% by 1pm. Accuweather states 20% at 9am and goes to 0 about the same time. So there might be a chance for a drizzle as we or finishing up our mimosas ("Champaign" & OJ), but will be fine by the yet to be determined main lunch course.

Reaction Score

1. Drizzling rain my butt. The first quarter was played in a friggin monsoon.

2. You meant a stay at home backup LB. The good Greg Robinson, as opposed to the loser by the same name who coached Syracuse.

Man, that was a great, exhilarating afternoon. I wonder if we'll see times like that again.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Man, that was a great, exhilarating afternoon. I wonder if we'll see times like that again.

That and the run in 2010 were absolutely electric at The Rent. Had the energy of a big game at the Civic Center but with 3 times the amount of screaming fans.

Reaction Score
Where are you seeing any rain past maybe daybreak, due to Dorian? The forecast looks much better than what you're posting.
That's what happens during breakfast conversation with the Mrs. She was reading some app on her tablet at 7 A.M. I just passed along what she quoted. Probably some weather app that hadn't been updated in 24 hours.

Reaction Score
1. Drizzling rain my butt. The first quarter was played in a friggin monsoon.

2. You meant a stay at home backup LB. The good Greg Robinson, as opposed to the loser by the same name who coached Syracuse.

And THAT, counselor, is why you get paid the big bucks. Your memory of that afternoon is just a tad sharper than mine!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am seeing a windy day, which should help the home team as their quarterback is pretty doggone good and limiting him will help.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
High of 72 for the second weekend of the year? I’m usually sweating my ass off! Very excited for this forecast

Of course this means snow or freezing rain for one November game at least

Reaction Score

There will be sunshine in Storrs at kickoff on Saturday. Dorian is heading out to sea.

Reaction Score

South Florida was ranked #2 in the country the week before. This game is still my favorite memory of the Rent. Important conference games will be missed, we haven't had any in a long time because we have been so bad, now we won't have any even when we are good. We should join the MAC.

Reaction Score
Why do I care what the weather will be like at Storrs?
You should, because Storrs and East Hartford are in the same general area weatherwise speaking. If Dorian had hugged the coast there'd be rain all over.

Reaction Score
I have family in Lorton VA. They haven't even gotten any blowing winds let alone rain yet and its almost 11pm. I say this thing does like the rest have done over the last several years, blow out to sea. We'll get a little rain prior to Saturday and a blee a blee a blee, that's all folks...

Reaction Score
I have family in Lorton VA. They haven't even gotten any blowing winds let alone rain yet and its almost 11pm. I say this thing does like the rest have done over the last several years, blow out to sea.
No surprise in Lorton as of tonight as Dorian hadn’t been expected to near it if ever until Friday. However, many people along the Carolina coasts and inland alike and in Florida have distinctly different recollections about the last few years devastating hurricanes. Florence, Michael, Irma, out to sea eh?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom