Weak Bubble | The Boneyard

Weak Bubble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just to show you how weak the bubble is once again this year....let's look at Seton Hall as tonight's example. Lundari had them as one of his last 4 "byes" this week. Not even on the level of the play in games. Coming into the game against Georgetown, their RPI was 53, with a SOS of 72. After getting blown out tonight, they now have lost 3 in a row, and their record is 15-9. Their upcoming schedule includes two games against Providence, and road games against Villanova, St. John's and Georgetown. They could have potentially 13 losses going into the BET.

Now, I am not saying UCONN is currently in range of "stealing their spot." But if UCONN can get on a run here and get some Top 50 wins and get their RPI into the high 40s/low 50s at the end of the regular season, they are making the tournament.

Reaction Score
Window is not closed for sure...its not wide open either...they win the games this week they are still in range of not having to win the AAC tourney...they lose 1 or 2 of them then the window is definitely closed.

Reaction Score
I would be very very surprised if Seton Hall makes the tournament. They have lost 7 of the last 10.

And if you watch them play, they are stinky.

Reaction Score
It's so hard to see us as a bubble team. Maybe if we beat Tulsa, then sweep SMU and Memphis. But with our losses, still tough to see.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Lunardi has them out this morning with St. John's taking their spot.

Reaction Score
That's about a 50-team jump. Gonna need a lot more than a few top 50 wins and Seton Hall losing to get an at-large.

Even if we win out, we'd still be 7-8 vs top 100, not counting Memphis who is currently 98 and will probably end up sub-100, especially if we sweep them

Reaction Score
That's about a 50-team jump. Gonna need a lot more than a few top 50 wins and Seton Hall losing to get an at-large.

Even if we win out, we'd still be 7-8 vs top 100, not counting Memphis who is currently 98 and will probably end up sub-100, especially if we sweep them
7-8 against the top 100 is a positive stat when you're on the bubble.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Seton Hall is no where near the Bubble. I don't know what Lunardi is looking at. The bubble is teams like Miami, St. Johns, LSU and GW. These teams are way ahead of us. The only realistic way into the Dance is 4 wins in Hartford in March.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall is no where near the Bubble. I don't know what Lunardi is looking at. The bubble is teams like Miami, St. Johns, LSU and GW. These teams are way ahead of us. The only realistic way into the Dance is 4 wins in Hartford in March.
The fact you think Seton Hall is no where near the bubble pretty much means they're in the field. FYI, Palm also has them in as a 9 seed in his bracket from Sunday.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
The only realistic way into the Dance is 4 wins in Hartford in March.

As long as UConn manages to stay in the top 5 of the AAC, then need 3 wins in Hartford. That's better than 4.

I just hope they can get on a roll by improving their play and hope for the AAC tournament trophy. That will most likely be the ticket to the dance.

Reaction Score
7-8 against the top 100 is a positive stat when you're on the bubble.
Really? Sub-.500 is good enough for one of the top ~40 spots left (30ish conference champions)?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Really? Sub-.500 is good enough for one of the top ~40 spots left (30ish conference champions)?

It happens all the time, every year and multiple teams. Look at some of the resumes on Bracketology. Lunardi has WVU as a six seed and they have a losing record against the top 100. He has Texas as a 8 seed and they are 4-8 against the top 100. I don't know if it would be good enough for this UConn to get an at large though.

Reaction Score
The fact you think Seton Hall is no where near the bubble pretty much means they're in the field. FYI, Palm also has them in as a 9 seed in his bracket from Sunday.
I actually agree with Nelson (cant believe I said that), I know Seton Hall is listed as a bubble team but I would be really surprised if that team makes it barring a big turn around.

Nelson said the same thing about SMU last year and it turned out he was right. (Insert statement about the broken clock)

Reaction Score
I actually agree with Nelson (cant believe I said that), I know Seton Hall is listed as a bubble team but I would be really surprised if that team makes it barring a big turn around.

Nelson said the same thing about SMU last year and it turned out he was right. (Insert statement about the broken clock)
Oh I'm not saying they'll make it. If I had to guess I would say they won't, but that's because of how I project their season will finish. They seem like a complete disaster right now and I think they are going to lose a lot of games to close the season.

That's totally different than what Nelson is saying, which is that their resume to date does not put them on the bubble.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The bubble has gotten so bad it makes the 68 team field silly.

They needed 3 extra at-larges like they needed a hole in the head.

The worst part is the penalty it creates for 4-5 seeds who catch a team off a win in Dayton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom