We Won!! | The Boneyard

We Won!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We won the game that's what counts. Unfortunately I have nothing more to add, as I'm not too happy about what I saw.

I actually started this thread in the hopes Scrappy will add to it.

What is not to be happy about? The future of our program (DH and AB) both had great games and RP who probably has the 3rd most potential hit big shots down the stretch. We would have won this game easily had Brimah not been taken out of the game by garbage fouls.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What is not to be happy about? The future of our program (DH and AB) both had great games and RP who probably has the 3rd most potential hit big shots down the stretch. We would have won this game easily had Brimah not been taken out of the game by garbage fouls.
Or just played basic defense in the first half. The second half was one of the better halves this season even as the first half was one of the worst. I didn't mind the offense in the first half. Let me qualify. They couldn't make a lot of open shots. At least they ran plays and were in the right spots to make shots. But the defense in that first half was really bad.

Reaction Score
The difference in this team on both ends of the floor when AB goes to the bench is astounding.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
When is Brimah going to figure out that the refs are looking for the grabbing and pushing fouls. He is a marked man. And why doesn't Ollie make him shoot more jumpers.

Reaction Score
The refs, the uncontested layups, the missed open shots, 1st half blues, etc., that stuff doesn't excite me. For some reason I watched the game and when it ended I was just melancholy. I probably should just go and wake up my wife.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Glad to see our boys win. I don't care about the halftime score, I care that we beat one of those POS bottom-feeders by double digits when the final buzzer sounded.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The refs, the uncontested layups, the missed open shots, 1st half blues, etc., that stuff doesn't excite me. For some reason I watched the game and when it ended I was just melancholy. I probably should just go and wake up my wife.

I think it is because we get caught up in the excitement of their comeback and then we remember that all they did was beat East Carolina.

Reaction Score
Or just played basic defense in the first half. The second half was one of the better halves this season even as the first half was one of the worst.... the defense in that first half was really bad.
The defense was good for the first half of the first half as ECU only made three shots.

In the second half of the first half ECU went 10-12.

The shot 19% in the second half.

So we only played poor defense for about 10 minutes. The rest was pretty sensational.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The defense was good for the first half of the first half as ECU only made three shots.

In the second half of the first half ECU went 10-12.

The shot 19% in the second half.

So we only played poor defense for about 10 minutes. The rest was pretty sensational.
Some of that defense in the first half was missed open shots on their part. But that 10 minutes you are talking about was brutal.

I've seen an improvement in DHam's defense the past two games. Lets see how he does against SMU and Temple.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Was anyone else impressed with the fan turnout by ECU? I was expecting an empty arena but it was a decently intense college bball environment. Good road win.

Reaction Score
I think it is because we get caught up in the excitement of their comeback and then we remember that all they did was beat East Carolina.
Well Cincinnati and Memphis managed to lose at ECU, so I'm gong to feel positively about coming back from a 9 point deficit without Boat scoring a point and winning by double digits.

Reaction Score
Well Cincinnati and Memphis managed to lose at ECU, so I'm gong to feel positively about coming back from a 9 point deficit without Boat scoring a point and winning by double digits.
Really good point.

Reaction Score
Was anyone else impressed with the fan turnout by ECU? I was expecting an empty arena but it was a decently intense college bball environment. Good road win.
This was by no means a "good road win." East Carolina is 233rd in RPI coming into this game. It was a game we should have won, and did. That's about it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
When was the last time the defending National Champions played on that floor?

Reaction Score
This was by no means a "good road win." East Carolina is 233rd in RPI coming into this game. It was a game we should have won, and did. That's about it.

We were on the road, and we won. This year that's a good road win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom