We won N C last year | The Boneyard

We won N C last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like everyone else I want things to follow thru. I want our team to have a chance to compete for another chip. We had a blue chip recruit a Ferrari and an older savvy player son of an ex man player coming in.We had Nolan and Brimah improved a potential star of inboatright Calhoun coming back from injury. Could this be a form of the 2010 championship team? Well it hasn't worked out I still think we can make a push and I will root hard for it. But in the end if it's just a cycle of burn out I'm not going to kill no or the players. I'm going to support him and the two great recruits we have coming in. I'm so highly appreciative of our long term success that blips in the road are just that blips

Reaction Score
and in two years we can say just about the same thing. no one is disputing how amazing the past twenty years have been but to use that as excuse for the current state of a program is a very slippery slope. i am not here to paint a bleak picture of our future. i am also not here to predict how good or bad we will be next year. all i know is we lost to yale at home and an 0-8 houston team on the road. that is simply not uconn basketball.... rebuilding, reloading, or whatever else you want to call it. those are two losses this program should never have.

Reaction Score
Due to our success we expect greatness every single season. That's what happens when you win just ask Yankee,Sox,Pats,Lakers, etc fans. I'm sick of hearing people say we can't critcize this years team because we won last year. We are winners we are proud of our success and should never live in the past.

P.S there's only 2 more months that we can use last year as a crutch, when there is a new champ what are we going to use?

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
One more good ( ready to play ) PG for the 2015 recruiting class would ease the pain for me. That would push the kids we have to workout harder during the summer and create better depth. Adams , Enoch and one more good guy should enter the spring /summer saying " these guys are not better than me ,Im Gonna start and take people's minutes". That inhouse competiveness is the only way to fix this. A kid like Stone has to be looking at this team and say " Im taking Brimahs job ".

Reaction Score
I'm just not seeing traditional UConn ball. Ollie, Boat and the coaches know what that is. It has not been transmitted to the rest of the team.

UConn ball to me was defined by Calhoun.

No sloppy turnovers, no lackadaisical efforts, no boneyard plays, finding ways to contribute beyond scoring, tenacious defense, not allowing easy buckets and the biggie . . . . always following Coach's directions. I'm sure this can be added on to, but today's product is not displaying what many of the fan base is used to over the years. Sure all of this happened under Calhoun but it was never deemed acceptable or tolerable.

Every team feared us, sure they felt they could win, but they knew it wasn't going to be easy. We actually helped make other teams better.

Not an indictment on Ollie at all as I see him constantly barking at his players, rarely sitting down. He knows what it takes. There are many reasons but it still simply the product right now is not UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
A down year is going to happen occasionally. But in the past the path to getting back on track didn't seem so difficult because for the most part we were able to get the recruits we wanted or at least get our backup choices.

I think what makes this year different is the conference. I'm happy with the 2 recruits we've got so far but selling the AAC is not easy. I guess we'll have to wait until the spring to see what happens but the conference situation sure adds a lot of anxiety about the future.

Reaction Score
I think Ollie has to make this team watch that Salt and Pepa commercial over and over again concerning their transition offense. Push it...Push it real good.

Reaction Score
I can handle a down year. But we should make the tourney even in a down year.
I thought the nit run SMU had last year with what they had coming in Mudiay would lead them to a final four
This year with a chance at a chip

Our core going 4ward brimah Hamilton Facet Purvis Calhoun might be better served with a similar run

I'm cool with improving play and the nit. Its helped us as well in the past

Reaction Score
How many teams would take being considered "worst reigning champ" over not being up for consideration at all? This season has been thoroughly disappointing thus far, but I am still riding the gravy train compared to the dismal outlook I had at this time 2 years ago.

Reaction Score
Like everyone else I want things to follow thru. I want our team to have a chance to compete for another chip. We had a blue chip recruit a Ferrari and an older savvy player son of an ex man player coming in.We had Nolan and Brimah improved a potential star of inboatright Calhoun coming back from injury. Could this be a form of the 2010 championship team? Well it hasn't worked out I still think we can make a push and I will root hard for it. But in the end if it's just a cycle of burn out I'm not going to kill no or the players. I'm going to support him and the two great recruits we have coming in. I'm so highly appreciative of our long term success that blips in the road are just that blips
While I agree with anything you say- I am hoping to welcome at least 3 great recruits.

Reaction Score
I thought the nit run SMU had last year with what they had coming in Mudiay would lead them to a final four
This year with a chance at a chip

Our core going 4ward brimah Hamilton Facet Purvis Calhoun might be better served with a similar run

I'm cool with improving play and the nit. Its helped us as well in the past
Right now they need to go on a run just to make the NIT. People act like it's an automatic that a team with UCONN on its jersey gets invited to the NIT Tourney. As we saw in 06-07, it's not a given.

Reaction Score
Right now they need to go on a run just to make the NIT. People act like it's an automatic that a team with UCONN on its jersey gets invited to the NIT Tourney. As we saw in 06-07, it's not a given.
You need to at least have a 50% or better record and that is no longer a given, that said the NIT would jump at the chance to get Uconn.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's not the down year that has everyone nervous or worried. It's the conference situation.

We just can't afford to not be very good at the main draw for our school in CR.

Reaction Score
UConn for a long time now has tended to play either up or down to its competition. In a strong league like the Big East that worked out okay because we could beat anyone on any given night, even if we occasionally lost a game against the bottom dwellers. Playing to the level of the competition in the American simply cannot be allowed if we want to remain relevant. Ollie needs to get this under control.

I know we're not great this year, but we're flat-out a more talented team than Houston. 2014 was last year and there are great memories from that team, but UConn is fighting for its future.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
and in two years we can say just about the same thing. no one is disputing how amazing the past twenty years have been but to use that as excuse for the current state of a program is a very slippery slope. i am not here to paint a bleak picture of our future. i am also not here to predict how good or bad we will be next year. all i know is we lost to yale at home and an 0-8 houston team on the road. that is simply not uconn basketball.... rebuilding, reloading, or whatever else you want to call it. those are two losses this program should never have.

Yale is a downer but I seem to remember losing to Houston last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC