We struggled with offensive consistency throughout the season | The Boneyard

We struggled with offensive consistency throughout the season

Reaction Score
We struggled with offensive consistency throughout the season. Obviously foul trouble on our bigs at times impacted how we ran our offense, but we had games where we were able to mitigate that. What do y’all think the main factor for the inconsistency was? Rough end to the season, but happy with how things went. Future looks bright.

Reaction Score
We struggled with offensive consistency throughout the season. Obviously foul trouble on our bigs at times impacted how we ran our offense, but we had games where we were able to mitigate that. What do y’all think the main factor for the inconsistency was? Rough end to the season, but happy with how things went. Future looks bright.

Sometimes shots don't fall, and we don't have enough shotmakers. The coaches are also not implementing a very good offense, and the players aren't bought in enough with it. Too much walking through our cuts and soft screens

Reaction Score
Sometimes shots don't fall, and we don't have enough shotmakers. The coaches are also not implementing a very good offense, and the players aren't bought in enough with it. Too much walking through our cuts and soft screens
Yeah, I agree with you there. It’s just mind blowing because one day our offense will have great movement and then the next we’re totally stagnant.

Reaction Score
Playing with Bouk, then without, then with again had to disrupt things as far as developing offensive cohesion, especially in a covid truncated season with all the pauses. With that said we just don't make shots like 429 said. Making shots make offenses look a lot better. Covers up stuff like a deodorant. Nobody complained when our offensive sets sucked and Bazz would just rise up and bury a bomb with the shot clock running out.

Reaction Score

I would guess it's the 2 year plan to hand over the keys to the offense to a former Howard University PG.

There are very good mid major players out there but I don't think you want to just discount the fact there may have been a reason Cole was at...Howard University.

Reaction Score
Playing with Bouk, then without, then with again had to disrupt things as far as developing offensive cohesion, especially in a covid truncated season with all the pauses. With that said we just don't make shots like 429 said. Making shots make offenses look a lot better. Covers up stuff like a deodorant. Nobody complained when our offensive sets sucked and Bazz would just rise up and bury a bomb with the shot clock running out.
True. Like this tournament and the glow of the season I have to give it a flag and pass if some sort because who knows what is really going on? Not to be negative but who really knows where we stand as a program right now, until we get back to normal. I feel good but we need a solid year of training practice recruiting interaction playing , all that, to really see. It looked good 2 weeks ago. Then Bouknight got cramps. Then we capsized. Hope that’s all that was. Positive is next years class is great. Negative is I think we don’t hook clingan now. But let’s hope I’m wrong. Hurley is still young and in the big by league now. I hope he. Ones the tote Juwan Howard did and looks for an old veteran to put on the bench to help manage the in game chess match

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom