We should hire Holy Cross’ coach. | The Boneyard

We should hire Holy Cross’ coach.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If there is one positive from today it is that we may have found our new coach. Chesney has won at schools all over New England from D3 to D2 to FCS. He is a winner. His players respect him and he can relate to them. Im sure he’s looking for the opportunity to jump up again.

Reaction Score
I think we better find a much more proven coach this time around. We are in dangerous territory. We need a sure thing.
I agree. PP was too old of a head coach that was out from that position for some time before he got hired here. Dumb hire. Diaco didn’t have any HCing experience and wasn’t really a name prior to ND. Bad hire. Then Edsall 2.0. We all know what we got there. Just bad hires the past 10yrs. I don’t know what the hell these people were thinking. After the Fiesta Bowl we should have coughed up a good bag to hire a proven HC.

Reaction Score
There may be no sure things, but a guy that’s been absolutely crushing it at a lower level FBS school or competing for national titles in FCS would be preferable.

Reaction Score
I think we better find a much more proven coach this time around. We are in dangerous territory. We need a sure thing.
There is no such thing as a sure thing.

Holy Cross coach is as good as any. At this point, let's just hire the entire staff of a successful FCS program. We can go after Coast Carolina staff, Buffalo, App St etc.

Anything is better than the crap we are witnessing week in and week out. I still can't believe we waited 2 years for this disaster. Edsall was smart to cancel last season since it gave him another year of free paycheck.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is no such thing as a sure thing.

Holy Cross coach is as good as any. At this point, let's just hire the entire staff of a successful FCS program. We can go after Coast Carolina staff, Buffalo, App St etc.

Anything is better than the crap we are witnessing week in and week out. I still can't believe we waited 2 years for this disaster. Edsall was smart to cancel last season and it gave him another year of free paycheck.

I would have taken the entire Ansonia staff a couple years ago. I'd keep Corey and dump the rest. Randy is a good guy maybe we can find a spot for him but I'm guessing we'd lose both.

Reaction Score
Do you have about $9,000,000 a year to donate to the program? Because it's probably going to need to be a Nick Saban type contract to get the kind of coach you want.

Some of you just don't get it. At all.

Reaction Score
Not only the coach, offer their qb a full scholarship. He was everything ZG wasn’t-pocket poise and knowledge, far more accurate arm, team leader and tough. I was at the game today and he ran through and over defenders twice. You have to be at the game to see just how bad Jack Zergiotis is particularly regarding his throws into coverage. Balls coming at receivers who are tangled with defenders, overthrows…it never ends. OC at a minimum should be gone after this game. Down ten and doing continuous delayed handoffs…pathetic.

And yes, hats off to the HC coach. Their bench was electric from start to finish. It was so loud at opening kickoff, I turned to my friend and said “this is their super bowl”.

UConn effort on both sides was so poor, Edsall should have removed sideline fans where many players were hanging trying to cool off.

Disgraceful.

Reaction Score
Do you have about $9,000,000 a year to donate to the program? Because it's probably going to need to be a Nick Saban type contract to get the kind of coach you want.

Some of you just don't get it. At all.

I get it. I don’t mean a Saban level coach. I mean a coach that is a proven winner. We hired a better than average in the 80’s, but long past his prime coach in PP, a whacko coordinator with no head coaching experience in Diaco and an average at best retread in Edsall. We haven’t even attempted to hire a proven winner. In fact, we’ve hired proven losers.

Reaction Score
I get it. I don’t mean a Saban level coach. I mean a coach that is a proven winner. We hired a better than average in the 80’s, but long past his prime coach in PP, a whacko coordinator with no head coaching experience in Diaco and an average at best retread in Edsall. We haven’t even attempted to hire a proven winner.
Those kinds of coaches aren't coming here unless you pay them big money. Why would a proven winner at the FBS level come here if not for money?

Reaction Score
We need a young up and comer.

Basically all the good G5 teams of the last decade have a young up and comer or a coach that's been there for a really long time from an era when coaches didn't jump around as much. You're right that retreads almost never work out

Reaction Score
Basically all the good G5 teams of the last decade have a young up and comer or a coach that's been there for a really long time from an era when coaches didn't jump around as much. You're right that retreads almost never work out

Temple and Cincy made good hires over and over.

UConn fans are locked in this mindset that we need a “destination” HC. Any coach that sees UConn as a “destination” is probably not the coach that we need.

Reaction Score
Sure let’s hire him and have him just bring his whole team with him. We’d have a better team right off the bat.

Reaction Score
Retread nutcase!!!

1630789704904.jpeg

Reaction Score
If UConn does not hire the Holy Cross coach, or someone like him, very soon, the chance UConn will stay in FBS is becoming very slim. The damage from RE2, PP, and Diaco is building and building. All we need for the next few years is someone who can motivate the team to win winnable games. Once we achieve that for a few years, the team can progress to the next level.

Reaction Score
maybe we shoud look for a Broyles winner from a major football power like ND?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom