We quite simply aren't good enough to have 4 black hole....... | The Boneyard

We quite simply aren't good enough to have 4 black hole.......

Reaction Score
scholarships. I'm not blaming anyone and I understand injuries, but with Cobb in the doghouse AGAIN it's quite simply almost impossible for us to beat good teams with Whaley, Williams, Diarra, Cobb occupying 4 "inactive" frontcourt scholarships...................but it's a reality that won't change much this year.

Our "active" frontcourt is Carlton, Yakwe at the 5 & Polley, Sid at the 4 (really both 3's). We aren't beating many good teams unless we shoot lights out. Carlton, Polley & Wilson are obviously part of the future but our need for a frontcourt presence not currently on the roster is rather glaring.

Last edited:

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Open Question: Will Diarra ever be healthy enough to contribute meaningfully?

And I think Whaley could contribute, but needs more strength.

Reaction Score
Open Question: Will Diarra ever be healthy enough to contribute meaningfully?

And I think Whaley could contribute, but needs more strength.
I think Hurley has answered your question on Whaley, has barley seen the court in blowouts. Diarra has chronic issues but he may contribute at some point.....I have doubts that we can ever expect him to give big minutes.

Reaction Score
Pretty much agree. I’ve been saying since Hurley got here that the overall talent on the team needs to be upgraded. And I’m sure it’s going to happen. But patience is needed. As I said after the Arizona game, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I think Hurley has answered your question on Whaley, has barley seen the court in blowouts. Diarra has chronic issues but he may contribute at some point.....I have doubts that we can ever expect him to give big minutes.
Not seeing the court can be effort- or talent-related. Not sure which here, but he's a long guy who has good hands, likes to rebound and block shots. Kind of useful, potentially. I see a bit more in him than most, YMMV.

Reaction Score
Not seeing the court can be effort- or talent-related. Not sure which here, but he's a long guy who has good hands, likes to rebound and block shots. Kind of useful, potentially. I see a bit more in him than most, YMMV.
I think his ceiling is a high motor guy that can come in for a few minutes and get you a block or a board but I don't think he'll ever be good enough to be a top of the rotation player on the type of team we want to have.

Reaction Score
scholarships. I'm not blaming anyone and I understand injuries, but with Cobb in the doghouse AGAIN it's quite simply almost impossible for us to beat good teams with Whaley, Williams, Diarra, Cobb occupying 4 "inactive" frontcourt scholarships....but it's a reality that won't change much this year.

Our "active" frontcourt is Carlton, Yakwe at the 5 & Polley, Sid at the 4 (really both 3's). We aren't beating many good teams unless we shoot lights out. Carlton, Polley & Wilson are obviously nice players & part of the future but our need for a frontcourt presence not currently on the roster is rather glaring.
I get your point but how exactly is Carlton a nice player?

In our 5 games against major programs he's averaging 1.4 ppg and 2.0 rebs per game.

Reaction Score
I get your point but how exactly is Carlton a nice player?

In our 5 games against major programs he's averaging 1.4 ppg and 2.0 rebs per game.
Edit: Carlton might be a useful player next year, I would call Polly & Sid more likely to be nice players. Looking to the future more than the present.....but main point was we need a major frontcourt presence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom