We need our Jim Mora ... | The Boneyard

We need our Jim Mora ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have two alma maters: UConn & UCLA. A few dark years ago, the 90,000+ Rose Bowl would have a crowd rattling around in it on a gorgeous Fall weekend.

Jim Mora nearly filled that yesterday for Cal ... a rival (but NOT one that currently feeds your juices knowing you are going to a great competitive game).

My point ... and this extends to Pete Carroll ... is we better hope that Warde Manual has the gifts to select a Coach with passion and coaching skill to spur our Program forward. I think Jeff Hathaway honestly thought he had found a clever rebound NFL guy in Paul Pasqualoni. It is very clear to me ... particularly today ... that PP has no fire for these college kids today. And, he is lacking the state-of-football strategic focus you need. Mora was a complete wildcard unknown for AD Guererro when selected. Could he coach college? Would kids buy into the Pro Rah-Rah fire of this guy? Can he recruit? This kind of guy can fill our Rentschler (and push demand to expand that seating). I am convinced, particularly walking around yesterday (and thinking of Indiana in 2003) that we have the passion (as Geno Auriemma stated Thursday) to be a far better Football school. We have built a good thing in 10 years. I have read all the BC/Rutgers/Syracuse fans comments on why we can't. Simply not true.

Warde Manual? The small bit of evidence is good actually. You are seeing Jeff Quinn with a full competitive roster at Buffalo this year; Turner Gill came in quickly and moved that Program to respectability and winning. Our guy could be coaching at Ball State or Bowling Green today (yes I am watching their highlights/games) ... or he could be an NFL sharp guy ready to build a solid college Program. It's obvious that picking a PP (and you had to see this in an interview) was not the connection our beloved Team needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds
Top Bottom