We need a big body JUCO | The Boneyard

We need a big body JUCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can we find a Johnny Selvie type for next year. Our front court needs some toughness. Lubin is a start but I feel like we need somebody a little taller. Not sure whose out there

Reaction Score
We have bigger needs honestly. And -if Facey , Lubin and Enoch are not the answer- we are not going to correct that next year.

Reaction Score
We have bigger needs honestly. And -if Facey , Lubin and Enoch are not the answer- we are not going to correct that next year.
I'm all for a 5th year grad student with one of the 2 open spots as it won't tie up a spot for '16 recruiting. I do believe they need another ball handler with the other.

Reaction Score
I'm all for a 5th year grad student with one of the 2 open spots as it won't tie up a spot for '16 recruiting. I do believe they need another ball handler with the other.

A 3 point shooter is also a need.

I would say between another PG, another rebounder and a 3 point shooter we need to add 2 of the 3 for next season in addition to Adams and Enoch.

Reaction Score
Wee could definitely use a skilled big to make a run next year... a 5th yr graduate type...that's something we lacked royally... Lubin, Facey, Brimah, and Nolan will be better, but, the fact of the matter is we need a guy that already understands... a one and done who's been thru the battles on the inside, with established footwork, rebounding (most important), passing skills, ability to set screens and provide occassional points in the paint. Doesn't have to be super athletic, but a guy that understands the game down low and utilizes his strengths and weaknesses...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I liked what I saw from Omar last night hitting the set shot.

Didn't like the off balance or rushed shots from him, RP, and Ham.

Didn't like the windshield wiper offense for 25 second then a huck.

Ham and RP will be able to get to the lane. Both need to practice the quick catch and shoot. Too many passed up shots than didn't end up as better shots.

I like Sam's aggressive play, but I think he likes it a little too much. Needs to understand he is the 4th option. Drive and kick before taking it into the trees.

Everyone still needs to learn how to rebound. Another series of they jump we don't situations last night. Very few contested rebounds won.

I thought Phil gave some good minutes last night. He's just not a 30 minute/game center. Has few offensive moves.. needs to work on his poaching game. He does have the 8 footer and teams will leave him open to double others. Need to exploit that.

Which brings us to AB. I am on board with KO making him responsible for his minutes. It's not enough to stay out of foul trouble and block a few shots. That's how we've judged his play so far. Ham will be a lot better next season and between he and RP I think 35/game is a good projection. Problem is we can't win only getting 20 from the rest of the squad.

You'd like to count on Omar for 9, Phil for 5, and Sam for 6-8 if only from FT's. You'd still need another 15-20/game to win. Figure Adams can get you 6 as a FR, that leaves 14 for AB and the rest of the bench. If AB isn't averaging at least 10/10 next season, we're doomed. He might avg 10 pts, but I'm not crazy enough to think he can average 10 boards a game.

There is a ton of work to do this offseason, I hope they do it.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score

Ham and RP will be able to get to the lane. Both need to practice the quick catch and shoot. Too many passed up shots than didn't end up as better shots.

I like Sam's aggressive play, but I think he likes it a little too much. Needs to understand he is the 4th option. Drive and kick before taking it into the trees.

Everyone still needs to learn how to rebound. Another series of they jump we don't situations last night. Very few contested rebounds won.

I thought Phil gave some good minutes last night. He's just not a 30 minute/game center. Has few offensive moves.. needs to work on his poaching game. He does have the 8 footer and teams will leave him open to double others. Need to exploit that.

Which brings us to AB. I am on board with KO making him responsible for his minutes. It's not enough to stay out of foul trouble and block a few shots. That's how we've judged his play so far. Ham will be a lot better next season and between he and RP I think 35/game is a good projection. Problem is we can't win only getting 20 from the rest of the squad.

You'd like to count on Omar for 9, Phil for 5, and Sam for 6-8 if only from FT's. You'd still need another 15-20/game to win. Figure Adams can get you 6 as a FR, that leaves 14 for AB and the rest of the bench. If AB isn't averaging at least 10/10 next season, we're doomed. He might avg 10 pts, but I'm not crazy enough to think he can average 10 boards a game.

What I have seen of Adams thus far is that he will be scoring more than 6 a game. He has a chance to be real good early.

Reaction Score

Omar really? I mean nice he made one wide open 3 but then when he could have tied it up again he missed another wide open 3. Omar isn't a streaky shooter he is just a bad one. LOL! Sorry not too high on OC after last night. Dham and RP and JA are the keys for next year. Like another poster JA will be scoring more than 6 points next year. Have you seen that kid play and the lack of talent on our team. He will scoring over 10 pts next year by default.

Reaction Score
I want a european with fundamentals and a 5th year senior

Reaction Score
Can we find a Johnny Selvie type for next year. Our front court needs some toughness. Lubin is a start but I feel like we need somebody a little taller. Not sure whose out there
If the requirement means stepping on the out of bounds line as much as Selvie did, I will pass.

Reaction Score
With our name notoriety, you would think that we could plunder a key asset from a lesser program where the coach was recently let go. You would think so...

Reaction Score
Brimah will need to get in the weight room hard if he wants to average near 10 rbs

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
If a coach is let go, can you transfer without sitting out a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom