We must rise to the occasion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We must rise to the occasion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No question that fans who arrive late and leave early are better than couch potatoes at home, but Greenback is spot on with this observation: the impression the public gets when the TV comes on is all on the fans. If we are not in our seats, the stadium appears empty and the fans are labeled lethargic or worse. UConn is no less a football school than NC St. Both are primarily thought of by the public first as basketball schools. Yet all I saw when the TV came on last night was a sea of red. That's what I want viewers to see tonight. Only make it blue. The only red I want to see is on the faces of embarrassesd wolverine fans on their way out.

Reaction Score
If you can stomach it stay till clock reads 0:00. It is not that hard to do...you just have to force yourself to do it.

Hey, I stayed till the end @ Towson and Maryland. After a while we were the only ones left in our section!

Reaction Score
0827131859.jpg
I'm reminded of my favorite infomercial from 20 years ago - the Hand-Hammered Wok. I actually bought it, it worked great on gas stoves. The part that killed me is when the guy would say, "Why am I offering such a great deal? Is it because I like you or I love you?...I don't even know you."

Anyway, I sure you're a good guy. It's the point I am attacking, not you. And I'm not offended, but nothing sticks in my craw more than UConn fans badmouthing UConn fans that buy tickets. Olbermann opened the show with a big rant about this last night - "Do Not Trash The Local Fans" was his mantra. I couldn't agree more. Even worse are those who sit at home watching the game badmouthing those who actually bought tickets and support the team over what is essentally style points. A fan who gets to his seat late and leaves early is still a better fan than someone who is watching at home.

point taken, my wife reminds me often to step it down a notch, not everybody is as obsessed as I am. she says "you can still be a great fan without being a “f” ng psycho". she is a wise women.
anyway with that said stop by the van have a beer or two always like to put a face with a name on the boneyard.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No question that fans who arrive late and leave early are better than couch potatoes at home, but Greenback is spot on with this observation: the impression the public gets when the TV comes on is all on the fans. If we are not in our seats, the stadium appears empty and the fans are labeled lethargic or worse. UConn is no less a football school than NC St. Both are primarily thought of by the public first as basketball schools. Yet all I saw when the TV came on last night was a sea of red. That's what I want viewers to see tonight. Only make it blue. The only red I want to see is on the faces of embarrassesd wolverine fans on their way out.

It's all in how the Announcers frame it. I caught the beginning of Clemson/NCSt. last night and right as they went to commercial break, after The Wolf Pack ran on to the field. The play by play guy commented, "...and the crowd is still making their way into the stadium."

That is infinitely better than, "Gee, we don't expect a full crowd for the national anthem as usual."

Reaction Score
Hey, I stayed till the end @ Towson and Maryland. After a while we were the only ones left in our section!
Same here...my wife and I never left early..then when we witnessed beating Pitt in OT with a TON of people gone..that cemented our decision to stay. Gotta admit traffic wise especially this year it has been a GREAT decision!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom