We must rise to the occasion | The Boneyard

We must rise to the occasion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
fullrent.jpg

Please be in your seats BEFORE kickoff and wear blue.

That is all.

http://www.sportspowerweekends.com/events/bus-from-nyc-for-michigan-at-uconn

Reaction Score
Thanks for starting this thread. For once get your butts in your seats on time for the kick-off and let's make some noise. We may not be able to pull off an upset, but let's make sure that the Wolverines and all the people in TV land recognize that a bunch of crazy Huskies are just as ferocious as a Wolverine!!!!! Make sure they leave realizing that this is our house. We can't let 15,000 Michigan fans drown out the 25,000 UConn fans. We've got to make some noise Saturday night and for once, let's start it up before the kickoff!!!!

Reaction Score
If you can stomach it stay till clock reads 0:00. It is not that hard to do...you just have to force yourself to do it.

Reaction Score
I get what you're saying. I do.

However I absolutely loathe when people start to imply the fans share in the blame for how bad the team is, like we're somehow not "doing our job".

Fact: The most fun I've had at the two games so far this year was during the tailgate, and it's not close. UConn is not fun to watch right now, and they're very hard to get excited about. And here's the thing, there are moves that could be made that would excite the fans. Giving us a new QB, for example. Or giving us a real head coach. But they're not doing it. So, like, whatever. Damn straight I'm gonna use my tailgating time. Welcome to the AAC, baby.

Reaction Score
I can appreciate people saying that the tailgate has been the best part of the experience for them.

For me the best part is always the game. The anticipation I feel at kick off, the defense holding them on 3rd and 4th downs, the TD's scored, the sacks (whenever that will be) and all of the game leading up to the point when I realize we are going to lose. Then it sucks.

But I try to enjoy every moment of the game up until that sucky ass moment.

Reaction Score
For what it is worth...be polite to our Michigan guests. They treated us pretty well at the Big House. No point in not being classy.

Aw c'mon - I need to delete my sign above?

Reaction Score
I get what you're saying. I do.

However I absolutely loathe when people start to imply the fans share in the blame for how bad the team is, like we're somehow not "doing our job".

Fact: The most fun I've had at the two games so far this year was during the tailgate, and it's not close. UConn is not fun to watch right now, and they're very hard to get excited about. And here's the thing, there are moves that could be made that would excite the fans. Giving us a new QB, for example. Or giving us a real head coach. But they're not doing it. So, like, whatever. Damn straight I'm gonna use my tailgating time. Welcome to the AAC, baby.

The fans do own part of the perception problem and it can only hurt us if people turn on there TV’s and see a half empty stadium with primarily Michigan fans. The coach will be changed, however, that perception will not. So please when the cameras start rolling, be in your seat and wear blue. Thanks

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
For what it is worth...be polite to our Michigan guests. They treated us pretty well at the Big House. No point in not being classy.

Agreed. I didn't have any problems until after the game outside the Big House when some clown told me that UCONN should send the women's basketball team next time. I was really hoping that this year would bring some payback to that clown but not likely. I just hope I can get to my car after the game without hearing another one of these comments.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I will admit that I plan on shaking the hand of anyone wearing a Michigan #10.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The fans do own part of the perception problem and it can only hurt us if people turn on there TV’s and see a half empty stadium with primarily Michigan fans. The coach will be changed, however, that perception will not. So please when the cameras start rolling, be in your seat and wear blue. Thanks

Just worry about yourself, junior.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I have thought for a very long time that this is crowd is going to be eerily similar to early 90s Whalers v Bruins crowds at the old Civic Center. Michigan fans travel and they are clearly the heavy favorite tomorrow night. A good opportunity for the large northeast alum base to see their team. Heck, I have heard more excitement from Michigan/B1G fans in the last few days at work and from my wife's co-workers than I have for UCONN in the last few years. There are more alum around here than we all think.

Reaction Score
I have thought for a very long time that this is crowd is going to be eerily similar to early 90s Whalers v Bruins crowds at the old Civic Center. Michigan fans travel and they are clearly the heavy favorite tomorrow night. A good opportunity for the large northeast alum base to see their team. Heck, I have heard more excitement from Michigan/B1G fans in the last few days at work and from my wife's co-workers than I have for UCONN in the last few years. There are more alum around here than we all think.

Thats what im worried about, there is no worse feeling than being out numbered and cheered in your own stadium. the link i provided at the top got me thinking and this could get ugly.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Thats what im worried about, there is no worse feeling than being out numbered and cheered in your own stadium. the link i provided at the top got me thinking and this could get ugly.

I hate the self-loathing expressed by this poster and others. UConn crowds are always ready for prime-time. And the students section will be off the hook. And that's coming from someone who can't stand the phrase "off the hook."

Dooley

Reaction Score
I hate the self-loathing expressed by this poster and others. UConn crowds are always ready for the prime-time. And the students section will be off the hook. And that's coming from someone who can't stand the phrase "off the hook."

I hope you're right. Color me worried. I hate the phrase "color me worried"! :)

Reaction Score
But I try to enjoy every moment of the game up until that sucky ass moment.

That sucky ass moment didn't happen until the 3rd quarter for me last week. I'm hoping it doesn't happen in the first quarter tomorrow night.

Agreed. I didn't have any problems until after the game outside the Big House when some clown told me that UCONN should send the women's basketball team next time. I was really hoping that this year would bring some payback to that clown but not likely. I just hope I can get to my car after the game without hearing another one of these comments.

Before the game, Michigan fans were asking me to have our team take it easy on them. I was stunned. They didn't realize RRod owned Edsall.

The Michigan and Notre Dame fans were far classier and more gracious than the Oklahoma d-bags.

Reaction Score
I hate the self-loathing expressed by this poster and others. UConn crowds are always ready for the prime-time. And the students section will be off the hook. And that's coming from someone who can't stand the phrase "off the hook."

I'm sorry i offended you that was not my intent. I'm sure if I had taken you up on your generous offer to join you at the spring game and we had a chance to meet you would see, I'm just another guy that loves the Huskies. Go Uconn and if you you happen to see the van please stop by, I'm not a bad guy

Reaction Score
The crowd is going to be insane. Even with Dracula sucking the life out of the program, the crowd will be into the game early. Under the lights, with a full afternoon of tailgating, the rent will be rocking early. If we are still in the game in the fourth quarter, Michigan fans/players will be shocked how loud our cute little stadium can get.

It will arrive late though, always does. You might as well start wringing your hands about it now. The stadium won't be more than 3/4 full before kickoff except for one section that happens to be between the suites and the scoreboard.

Hopefully the blimp will get a pregame shot of all the fans in line waiting to get in at 7:59.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm sorry i offended you that was not my intent. I'm sure if I had taken you up on your generous offer to join you at the spring game and we had a chance to meet you would see, I'm just another guy that loves the Huskies. Go Uconn and if you you happen to see the van please stop by, I'm not a bad guy

I'm reminded of my favorite infomercial from 20 years ago - the Hand-Hammered Wok. I actually bought it, it worked great on gas stoves. The part that killed me is when the guy would say, "Why am I offering such a great deal? Is it because I like you or I love you?...I don't even know you."

Anyway, I sure you're a good guy. It's the point I am attacking, not you. And I'm not offended, but nothing sticks in my craw more than UConn fans badmouthing UConn fans that buy tickets. Olbermann opened the show with a big rant about this last night - "Do Not Trash The Local Fans" was his mantra. I couldn't agree more. Even worse are those who sit at home watching the game badmouthing those who actually bought tickets and support the team over what is essentally style points. A fan who gets to his seat late and leaves early is still a better fan than someone who is watching at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom