We looked much faster against Wyoming | The Boneyard

We looked much faster against Wyoming

Reaction Score
I suppose, it could be that Wyoming was slow. That's possible.

But there were a lot of freshman on the field who seemed to move pretty good. My guess is that Spanos values speed more highly than Edsalll did and is making an effort to get faster players on the field even if it means sacrificing size or "prototypes." Speed can cover a multitude of sins. We certainly covered the edges better on defense. We got there quicker.

Bear Bryant said that luck follows speed. I hope that valuing speed more highly is a trend. We still made a bushelful of mistakes. But It sure looked different to me.

Reaction Score
I suppose, it could be that Wyoming was slow. That's possible.

But there were a lot of freshman on the field who seemed to move pretty good. My guess is that Spanos values speed more highly than Edsalll did and is making an effort to get faster players on the field even if it means sacrificing size or "prototypes." Speed can cover a multitude of sins. We certainly covered the edges better on defense. We got there quicker.

Bear Bryant said that luck follows speed. I hope that valuing speed more highly is a trend. We still made a bushelful of mistakes. But It sure looked different to me.
I would think that they're getting more comfortable with whatever they implemented offensively in the last 2 weeks. And seeing the offense produced fired up the defense.

Reaction Score
I would think that they're getting more comfortable with whatever they implemented offensively in the last 2 weeks. And seeing the offense produced fired up the defense.
Bell sure looked confident and aggressive compared to the way he was abused in the first few games. Sorry to hear he had a serious leg injury.

Reaction Score
Bell sure looked confident and aggressive compared to the way he was abused in the first few games. Sorry to hear he had a serious leg injury.
When the commentators said "we won't be showing the replay", I knew it was was worse than it originally looked. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

If they can shore up the run defense, this team can surprise some folks.

Reaction Score
I thought one of the good points of HCRE1.0 and 2.0 was that he valued speed, especially on defense. Missed on the kid from Stratford (Marcus Easley) who was the fastest player and for some reason was used mostly to block as a WR until he had a big game and then turned into a NFL player.
Wyoming seemed to have a tighter formation than FS or Purdue which reduced the amount UConn's lack of speed on defense came into play (also helped their QB missed some plays). Noted lot of UConn 8 men in box (4 linemen and 4 next level) which was a reaction to Wyoming using TE's lot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom