We laugh at RU's OOC schedule .... | The Boneyard

We laugh at RU's OOC schedule ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
GS ain't there anymore man. there going to try to play big boy fball instead of racking up wins.

Reaction Score
Petrino must still be looking for payback for costing him his best chance at a football national championship

Reaction Score
GS ain't there anymore man. there going to try to play big boy fball instead of racking up wins.
Speaking of Schiano's tendency, nay, insistence, on playing a joke schedule-who is he going to schedule now, the Tampa Bay Bucs? Oh, wait....

Reaction Score
Don't we have Michigan next year and Tennessee the following year?

Yup. We've also got a home/home set up w/ the Virginia, and if I'm not mistaken, the NC State home game this year is a compensation that was agreed upon when Miami left the big east. The Maryland home and home, well everybody knows about that.

I think that we'll do pretty good in the future with scheduling such that we get a couple of big name programs coming into Rentschler in future.

We need to a home game for 2012 though. I am not against a 1-AA team doing a one timer at all, if a single program isn't able to join the big east and fill WVU's scheduling holes. What we need now, more than exposure, is wins, national rankings and bowl games.

Playing the proverbial 'cupcake' game isn't something to be frowned upon. In my opinion, being a cupcake eater, instead of the cupcake, is the better position to be in, anytime....everytime.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Supposedly Rutgers was balking at having Boise stand in for the WVU schedule this year because they didn't want to travel, especially if the Arkansas game came through.

Reaction Score
Carl I would say Warde Manuel's contacts and reputation in the BCS world far outweigh Jeff Hathaway's. I think you'll see a different calibur non-con schedule going forward.

Yup. We've also got a home/home set up w/ the Virginia, and if I'm not mistaken, the NC State home game this year is a compensation that was agreed upon when Miami left the big east. The Maryland home and home, well everybody knows about that.

I think that we'll do pretty good in the future with scheduling such that we get a couple of big name programs coming into Rentschler in future.

We need to a home game for 2012 though. I am not against a 1-AA team doing a one timer at all, if a single program isn't able to join the big east and fill WVU's scheduling holes. What we need now, more than exposure, is wins, national rankings and bowl games.

Playing the proverbial 'cupcake' game isn't something to be frowned upon. In my opinion, being a cupcake eater, instead of the cupcake, is the better position to be in, anytime....everytime.

Reaction Score
Supposedly Rutgers was balking at having Boise stand in for the WVU schedule this year because they didn't want to travel, especially if the Arkansas game came through.
I'm guessing the travel was an issue. And the inevitable pounding. Mostly the pounding.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

The NC State game is a simple return game for the trip to Raleigh in 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom