We just need to get healthy | The Boneyard

We just need to get healthy

Reaction Score
The squad is doing what they can, but we’re just extremely limited without Bouk, Akok, and Jackson.

Please get healthy soon boys!
All the analysis simply comes down to this. If we were losing these games by 15-20 points it would be one thing, but we are competing and are putting ourselves in position to win even without Bouk, Akok, and Jackson. There is no doubt in my mind if we had Bouknight back, these last two losses would have been wins.

Reaction Score
All the analysis simply comes down to this. If we were losing these games by 15-20 points it would be one thing, but we are competing and are putting ourselves in position to win even without Bouk, Akok, and Jackson. There is no doubt in my mind if we had Bouknight back, these last two losses would have been wins.
If Bouk can get back before the 2/16 game, I am optimistic that we could go 4-2 over that stretch. That’d be huge, boosting us to 11-5 and 8-5. I could also see us only losing 1 game after we get Bouk back.

Reaction Score
As a whole, very poor shooting team. Cannot make shots in close to basket & everything else is a prayer.
I am sure these guys work and make all types of shots in practice but come gametime, brick heaven.
Something HCH must work on and cure or else this team will be an early out in tournaments

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
SIOecIDH_400x400.jpg

Reaction Score
We badly need a covid break. Just fake a positive test, take 2 weeks off and get Bouknight back. Jackson and Akok should be good in a couple weeks too
Absolutely not. Let's not take the easy way out #1. Let's not hope for more people to be infected #2. Play the games, win or lose, and learn and grow as a team.

Reaction Score
Play the games, win or lose, and learn and grow as a team.
what lesson is there to be learned? that it's hard to win without your best player? they already know that

Reaction Score
The squad is doing what they can, but we’re just extremely limited without Bouk, Akok, and Jackson.

I noticed Akok was scratched today.
What happened to him?

Reaction Score
we were a top 25 team without akok and aj we just need bouk

if we get bouk back for the xavier game on 2/13 then that's only 4 more games without him (butler is getting canceled next week). even if we go 0-4 that puts us at 4-7 with 7 games left.

those 7 are: @xavier, pc, @nova, @gtown, marquette, @hall, and gtown.

going 5-2 in that stretch to finish 9-9 is very realistic. win one game in the BE tourney and we are dancing

that's worst case scenario imo...we can beat SJU next week w/o bouk, we can go 6-1 once we get bouk back, there might be an opportunity to play a make up game or two...we can win 2 or more games in the BE tourney...this is far from over.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We’re looking at 4 more weeks for Bouk, the season could be shot by then. Was any explanation ever given as to why Bouk opted to have this procedure done now? This is something that most athletes wait until the offseason to have done no? Maybe it depends on severity of the spurs?

Reaction Score
We’re looking at 4 more weeks for Bouk, the season could be shot by then
why? if he's back for xavier on 2/13 he'd only miss 4 more games since butler is getting canceled. we can easily finish 9-9 even if we lose the next 4

Reaction Score

Correct.

Even without Bouk, had Akok played today, and given us defense and maybe a shot block or 2, and Jackson was healthy and handed out a few assists and defended their mobile forwards, the game would have been closer and possibly a W.

Hopefully, Akok and Jackson will be ready soon, and Bouk in time for the tournament.

Reaction Score
The Butler game is on for Tuesday.
good we can win that game. but even if we go 0-5 before bouk comes back we can go 6-1 to finish the season at 9-9 and win at least 1 game in the BE tourney

i predict we go 1-4 and 5-2 during those stretches to finish 9-9 and then win at least 2 games in the BE tourney

marquette lost to depaul tonight so we'll prob finish no lower than 6th in the BE which should be worthy of an at large

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't expect much from Akok this season, his bounce and quickness are not there yet, maybe at some point he'll provide a spark but not expecting the real Akok until next year.

Jackson wasn't giving us alot before the injury but I think he will give us a legit offensive threat at least when healthy...we are woeful in that dept right now

It comes down to when Bouk comes back, it's going to be tough to find wins against much of the BE without him so any lost opportunity is compounded. I have no feel for what his timetable really is, they are going to be very cautious it appears.

Our 3 probably only NBA prospects are on the shelf so not a great situation. We can compete without them but clearly this roster without Bouk is a bubble team at best.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Correct.

Even without Bouk, had Akok played today, and given us defense and maybe a shot block or 2, and Jackson was healthy and handed out a few assists and defended their mobile forwards, the game would have been closer and possibly a W.

Hopefully, Akok and Jackson will be ready soon, and Bouk in time for the tournament.
But, Akok hasn’t had a good game this season.

Reaction Score
But, Akok hasn’t had a good game this season.
Well, I mean that a few more minutes of decent defense and some hustle may help a little bit.

I am trying to be an optimist.

As a saying I read on a wall stated:

Words of An Optimist:

"I am trying to be optimistic, but I don't think it will work out."

Reaction Score
I feel like we have been saying "we just need to get healthy" since 2016. The injury crap is getting really old.
It’s bc our talent level is so shallow. We keep saying we’re deep but not really. We’re “Irish” deep.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom