We Have Something Special | The Boneyard

We Have Something Special

Reaction Score
OK, I said we would need until the new year to really find out what kind of team we had with all the newcomers, freshman etc because cupcakes don’t tell you that much. I was wrong. We went up against high quality and did better than I could have dreamed.
Hurley has masterfully filled every need we had with experienced players, shooters, and intangibles. Doesn’t mean we are guaranteed anything in the tournament but I ask you this: if you are an opposing coach going up against UCONN what the hell is your game plan?
Your going to double Sanogo like they did last night or get him in foul trouble? Gonna foul us into submission? Wear the guards down? Just wondering what the strategy is when if Hawkins shot is off, or Alleyne or Newton are off and you got Joey and Karaban to rain down 3’s.
Clingan gave a clue when he said yesterday that we wouldn’t be winning these without our coaches game planning and strategy. That sounds an awful lot like what happened during our title runs under Calhoun and even Ollie. We have a great coaching staff that knows that it all starts with defense to unleash this talent we have. It’s early but we got something good here.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Something is brewing for sure. It's too late for them to get us. We now know what we have, and the expectations are huge. Get ready for the ride boys and girls.

Reaction Score
Something is brewing for sure. It's too late for them to get us. We now know what we have, and the expectations are huge. Get ready for the ride boys and girls.

I don't see how we lose a game without the other team just having a freak shooting night that coincides with us having a bad shooting game. Especially when Johnson gets back so Karaban has some foul-trouble insurance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24
Top Bottom