We have 8 offensive rebounds in two games. | The Boneyard

We have 8 offensive rebounds in two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dayton gave up 23 offensive rebounds to Texas A&M yesterday. Something has to give.

We just aren't getting many offensive rebounds and it isn't because we are shooting so well that aren't any boards to collect. Clearly this is not (yet) an emphasis of the coaching staff.

A few put backs would be a nice thing to see.

Reaction Score
It could very well be an emphasis of the coaching staff. But when your two tallest players don't know how to rebound the basketball, offensive boards just aren't gonna be all that common.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score

Dayton gave up 23 offensive rebounds to Texas A&M yesterday. Something has to give.

We just aren't getting many offensive rebounds and it isn't because we are shooting so well that aren't any boards to collect. Clearly this is not (yet) an emphasis of the coaching staff.

A few put backs would be a nice thing to see.

I don't know what box score you looked at, but we had 12 offensive rebounds yesterday versus 6 for Charleston. We did a good job on the boards yesterday, out-rebounding Charleston 36 to 26:

CHARLESTON BOX SCORE

Reaction Score

I don't know what box score you looked at, but we had 12 offensive rebounds yesterday versus 6 for Charleston. We did a good job on the boards yesterday, out-rebounding Charleston 36 to 26:

CHARLESTON BOX SCORE
If you look more closely 8 of those rebounds were team rebounds so thus 4 true offensive rebounds with a chance to score right off of it.

Reaction Score
We have 8 total according to UConn Huskies .com.
You mean 8 Team offensive rebounds. We had 4 true offensive rebounds and 8 team offensive rebounds so 12 total.

Reaction Score
What do you know is or isn't an emphasis of the coaching staff? Are you at practice?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I say just let Lubin go in and throw a few really solid body punches, should soften their bigs up for our skinny guys

Reaction Score
I don't know how many OR DD got but he certainly got a big one in the first FLA game.
NG at year end was a beast on the boards.
They were replaced by inexperienced guys ,who will take awhile to develop.

Reaction Score
I kind of messed it up. Look at this way. These are our guys and their OR number. Balls we actually collected off the glass.

Boat -1
Brimah - 2
Sam IM -1
TSam - 2
Facey - 3

That's nine. And we had 8 team offensive rebounds, basically where the ball goes out of bounds. Better than I though but not great. Watching the games it sure felt closer to 8.

Dayton does give up a ton of ORs. 23 to A&M, so it will be an interesting stat to watch.

Reaction Score
Palatine said:
I kind of messed it up. Look at this way. These are our guys and their OR number. Balls we actually collected off the glass. Boat -1 Brimah - 2 Sam IM -1 TSam - 2 Facey - 3 That's nine. And we had 8 team offensive rebounds, basically where the ball goes out of bounds. Better than I though but not great. Watching the games it sure felt closer to 8. Dayton does give up a ton of ORs. 23 to A&M, so it will be an interesting stat to watch.

I imagine Hamilton will sneak in there a little more from the wing as the season goes on. He has a nose for the ball at the defensive end, and he's a guy who could turn offensive rebounds into points. I haven't really observed if he's tried to get on the offensive glass much or if he's consistently rotating back to balance the floor.

Reaction Score
dayton is much smaller than us, especially the front line. should be 10+ on the boards again. Does anybody know what defense they play? I know last year miller had them in some gimmicky zone, we will probably see that all game today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom