We Have 6 Top TEN teams On Our Schedule...So Far | The Boneyard

We Have 6 Top TEN teams On Our Schedule...So Far

Reaction Score
Of course there is a chance that some won’t be there when we play but others could come in too. We have all the opportunity in the world even though we are not in a Power 5. The number of top 25 games we will have could be pretty big when all is said and done. No shortage of challenge here.

Reaction Score
One of the issues this season is that after watching last night you know it's going to take a while to get everything right with this team because of all the new pieces, the inexperience and many of them coming off sitting out a year. Unfortunately the out of conference schedule is loaded up front and if UConn doesn't win many of these games it's going to be hard to make the NCAA Tournament.

Reaction Score
One of the issues this season is that after watching last night you know it's going to take a while to get everything right with this team because of all the new pieces, the inexperience and many of them coming off sitting out a year. Unfortunately the out of conference schedule is loaded up front and if UConn doesn't win many of these games it's going to be hard to make the NCAA Tournament.
OOC loaded up front team needs time and experience, sounds like a broken record, catch 22, every year.

Reaction Score
This helps if the quality opponent remains highly ranked throughout the year and of course, UConn wins a few of the games. The problem for UConn isn't it's OOC, it remains the AAC. Once conference play begins, there are very few opportunities for resume building wins. I know some will say the AAC is stronger this year, but until the selection committee outs four or five teams in the dance, I will continue to hold my breath. For UConn to have a legitimate chance, they must win a few of these early games, finish top 3 in conference, and avoid a really bad loss.

Reaction Score
4 of those Wichita state and Cincy are in our conference. Win 2 of those games.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Funny thing is many people assume a season is over after the first loss.
When that loss comes against a crappy team, many people are right. This "we need time" mantra is new to UConn basketball. UConn was always a team that came out of the gates prepared to start the season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but Providence is not a bad team
I was referring to Wagner, N'eastern and Yale specifically. But I can see where I didn't make that clear. The successful UConn teams start strong, have a mid-season lull, then finish strong. Teams that start poorly seem to finish poorly.

Reaction Score
When that loss comes against a crappy team, many people are right. This "we need time" mantra is new to UConn basketball. UConn was always a team that came out of the gates prepared to start the season.
If you have stud personnel you can come out of the gate. Top ten players that are freshman can hold their own. Is that our case?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom