We have 2 schollies left? | The Boneyard

We have 2 schollies left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We will be pretty deep at every position, who should we go after?

Reaction Score
Need to look down the road and go after some 3 year players. We will lose alot after next season.

Reaction Score
We have no glaring weakness right now. The thing i was most worried about, besides backcourt depth, was how many bodies we could put on the frontcourt to soak up some time and take some fouls when Brimah is in foul trouble. Got that done with Miller and Enoch. We're good.

Reaction Score
The program still has two scholarships available for next season. The Huskies are looking at other transfer students, undergrads who would have to sit out a year, and are focusing on Class of 2016 high school players, such as Mamadou Diarra of Putnam Science Academy. Another possibility is wing Terry Larrier, who is leaving VCU.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...bbs-uconn-basketball-0516-20150515-story.html

Reaction Score
The program still has two scholarships available for next season. The Huskies are looking at other transfer students, undergrads who would have to sit out a year, and are focusing on Class of 2016 high school players, such as Mamadou Diarra of Putnam Science Academy. Another possibility is wing Terry Larrier, who is leaving VCU.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...bbs-uconn-basketball-0516-20150515-story.html
I wonder if Terrry Larrier mention is something he has has heard from sources and not an assumption he got from the BY. Lol!!!

Reaction Score
The 5 is still an unknown. Brimah was ineffective against quality teams and seemed to play his worst basketball at the end of the season. Hopefully he comes back with more muscle/weight and some improved low block skills.

We have no glaring weakness right now. The thing i was most worried about, besides backcourt depth, was how many bodies we could put on the frontcourt to soak up some time and take some fouls when Brimah is in foul trouble. Got that done with Miller and Enoch. We're good.

Reaction Score

One of the first people that Larrier follows on Twitter is Purvis. Anyone know if they have any relationship? It seems like Purvis has done a great job of making other recruits feel comfortable here, it'd be nice if he could sway Larrier to come as well. Then we could lock him up and give the other scholarship to Nnamdi. After that Kevin can focus on 2016, starting with locking up Diarra.

caw

Reaction Score
I have not seen any list for Larrier anywhere. Only rumor is that he wants to be closer to NYC (thus SJ is prominently mentioned).

BTW how chapped in the pants would VCU fans be if Gibbs, Larrier and Diarra all chose UConn in the coming weeks.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
IF we were to add to this current team, I would say maybe get some low-recruited/possibly foreign 7 foot+ stiff just for the extra size/5 fouls. After Brimah, there is a noticeable height drop-off. Maybe an Enosch Wolf-type. Other than that, this is one of our best teams on paper, ever.

We really need VJ King and/or Larrier. Of Calhoun, Purvis and Hamilton, it it likely that atleast 2 of those 3 will be gone after next year.

Reaction Score
IF we were to add to this current team, I would say maybe get some low-recruited/possibly foreign 7 foot+ stiff just for the extra size/5 fouls. After Brimah, there is a noticeable height drop-off. Maybe an Enosch Wolf-type. Other than that, this is one of our best teams on paper, ever.

We really need VJ King and/or Larrier. Of Calhoun, Purvis and Hamilton, it it likely that atleast 2 of those 3 will be gone after next year.
SE is 6-10 and has a decent physique. He will probably back up AB with PN. I don't think they will go for a big guy and will only add a swing player if there is one available.

caw

Reaction Score

I promise Calhoun will be gone.

Reaction Score
Walk on seniors with good grades.
That's not as silly as its sounds ,because APR,is a mathematical formula ,you can add points simply by giving available scholarships to good students.
If we had scholies to give in 2008 ,JC could have avoided suspension by doing that .

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

With PN we pretty much have that role covered. I'd like to see us get another wing guy.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
One more ball handler would be nice.

Reaction Score
with Gibbs committed the staff should be putting a huge push on Terry Larrier. I feel like we have a better shot at him than VJ King.
I actually wouldn't have minded Tolksdorf on this team next year.... 6'8 220 that can hit a 3

Reaction Score
How about a good 4 year 'project' worth investing in? Like a big man Amida type. Not raw but loads of potential (think Hilton).

He would be a buffer for early declarations for at least 3 years.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
SE is 6-10 and has a decent physique. He will probably back up AB with PN. I don't think they will go for a big guy and will only add a swing player if there is one available.

After this season, Nolan & Miller are gone. Some chance of losing AB a year early. SE can't play both positions. I'd rather start breaking the next big in now rather than having to start one as a freshman. We need a center, even if they are just our back-up going forward,

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Any of the available players would be nice...

KeVaughn Allen (reminds me so much of Jerome Dyson)
Noah Dickerson
Terry Larrier

Reaction Score
I wonder if Terrry Larrier mention is something he has has heard from sources and not an assumption he got from the BY. Lol!!!
Amore catches a lot of heat for his reporting and some of it is deserved but he's a lot more plugged into what the staff is looking for on the recruiting trail than he's given credit for. The Larrier mention likely had a source behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom