We had our shot | The Boneyard

We had our shot

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Playing good D getting multiple stops down 2 points and getting great shots for Vital and Polley.

and they just bricked everything. You knew Houston would wake up and make us pay for that, and they did.

Oh well.

Reaction Score
Playing good D getting multiple stops down 2 points and getting great shots for Vital and Polley.

and they just bricked everything. You knew Houston would wake up and make us pay for that, and they did.

Oh well.

I'm sure they'll make a run and make it close and then Houston will stretch it out again. Story of the last ___ years.

When they're not making shots - and they are building a god____ house out there - they have very little shot, particularly when Houston is throwing up trash and making everything.

Reaction Score
They'll fight hard in the second half but unless we make a bunch of three's or Jalen lives at the FT line Houston is just too much. Polley & CV combined 1-9 from 3 in 1st half need to turn that to 7-9 in 2nd half.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Houston is just much better, our only chance was if Houston played their C game and we played our A game. The gap will be a lot closer next year.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Given that we’re already down 14 it’ll be 25 at the under 16.

Reaction Score
Down double digits at the half. If Adams wants his spot in Husky lore, lead them back and win this one.

Reaction Score
Houston is just much better, our only chance was if Houston played their C game and we played our A game. The gap will be a lot closer next year.

Does Houston lose a lot? I just don't see the three current freshmen pushing us over the hump next year.

Reaction Score

I don't see how the gap improves as long as we have to play a lot of Polley and Carlton. They are simply not a good enough frontcourt at this level. Carlton more of a complimentary piece. We need more than just the 3 we have coming in.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
18. This not trending in the right direction.

Yeah, I actually would be shocked if we ever even touch single digits again this game. We are gassed defensively and Houston is getting whatever they want. and Offensively every possession is a struggle. I do like that they are just grinding into Carlton repeatedly now. Junk up the game with a lot of fouls and stoppages and maybe throw Houston out of the rhythm they are obviously feeling right now.

Reaction Score
Houston is just too good. The most frustrating thing over the last few years is that we should have been what Houston is.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Team is gassed.

They're trying to make the right play, there's just no legs to make it happen.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Yet another injury riddled season ending with a resounding thud. We must have done something to offend the basketball gods. No team deserves this much bad luck for three seasons in a row. Well, I stand corrected. There is at least one in NC coached by a rodent-looking character.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Yet another injury riddled season ending with a resounding thud. We must have done something to offend the basketball gods. No team deserves this much bad luck for three seasons in a row. Well, I stand corrected. There is at least one in NC coached by a rodent-looking character.

Were you awake between 1999 and 2014? Of course the basketball gods were bound to even it out.

Reaction Score
Like watching a boring horror movie . . . . . . . . . . . the same one again.

Reaction Score
Did the NIT modify their rule about a .500 record or is that still an order qualifier?

I think that's the one distinction vs prior two+ seasons, this group it'd be worthwhile for them to play a few more games and get some postseason tourney reps.

Reaction Score
I don't see how the gap improves as long as we have to play a lot of Polley and Carlton. They are simply not a good enough frontcourt at this level. Carlton more of a complimentary piece. We need more than just the 3 we have coming in.
Carlton will start but no way will Polley. Agreed, we clearly need more coming in and more leaving.

Reaction Score
Akok will be our starting 4 next year, whether he can hang on the defensive end and do more than catch and shoot is unclear, but he will certainly be an upgrade over Polley who has really been playing out of position all year.

Reaction Score
Don't think AG would have made a difference. Glad we didn't try and rush him back. Still ugh

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom