We dropped 26 points today... | The Boneyard

We dropped 26 points today...

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
between the two turnovers in the red zone, not kicking 3 pats and not kicking 3 field goals when having the option on fourth and long. That said, we moved the ball well enough to screw up 5 times in addition to scoring three times. So there is optimism to be had.

Reaction Score
Those first quarter end zone turnovers just killed this team. If they had scored instead, lead 14-7 going into the second quarter, VA would have been on their heels not UConn.

No pressure on their QB gave UConn's offense no chance at catching them which kind of forced Edsall's hand as far as going for the 2 point conversion. That and this team is slow. That's why they lost.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Next week is a must win game for us. At home, have to up the offensive production as we are not going to hold teams under 20. We spit the bit today in our second game but Mizzou beaten badly at home today, same with BYU. Memphis wins by outscoring UCLA. We have to hope Lashlee can up the efficiency for us.

Reaction Score
Next week is a must win game for us. At home, have to up the offensive production as we are not going to hold teams under 20. We spit the bit today in our second game but Mizzou beaten badly at home today, same with BYU. Memphis wins by outscoring UCLA. We have to hope Lashlee can up the efficiency for us.

Every game is a must win

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I just want to see the defensive backs play better and not on the back of their heels the whole game like the past two games.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I'm tired of the excuses for losing, even if they're valid.

"We're missing five of our front seven on defense ..... "

"Our long snapper is sick .... "

"If it wasn't for three red zone turnovers, we were right in this .... "

"If only the offensive line could just pass block a little better .... "

Good teams don't have these problems. We're just not a good team.

Reaction Score

IN OTHER BREAKING NEWS, WATER HAS JUST BEEN FOUND TO BE WET- YES, WET. SCIENTISTS ARE WRESTLING WITH THIS PARADIGM-SHATTERING DEVELOPMENT. WE'LL HAVE MORE IN ABOUT 20 MINUTES

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Far from benign. The fact his pic is now in the player intros on the video screen tells me this staff gets it.
The blame absolutely falls on their predecessors as this was inherited but how the HE!! do we have only one long snapper on our roster?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
between the two turnovers in the red zone, not kicking 3 pats and not kicking 3 field goals when having the option on fourth and long. That said, we moved the ball well enough to screw up 5 times in addition to scoring three times. So there is optimism to be had.
Once we fix the offensive line (make take until the middle of next year) our offense will be a thing of beauty.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The blame absolutely falls on their predecessors as this was inherited but how the HE!! do we have only one long snapper on our roster?
There was a back up, Brian Keating, who presumably wasn't ready for prime time. Two ways to look at this. Good call not risking the FGs with a shaky long snapper, but also you gotta get the dude ready!

Reaction Score

"We're missing five of our front seven on defense ..... "

"Our long snapper is sick .... "

"If it wasn't for three red zone turnovers, we were right in this .... "

"If only the offensive line could just pass block a little better .... "

I'm trying to understand your point. Do you actually believe people are saying we are a good team?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
IN OTHER BREAKING NEWS, WATER HAS JUST BEEN FOUND TO BE WET- YES, WET. SCIENTISTS ARE WRESTLING WITH THIS PARADIGM-SHATTERING DEVELOPMENT. WE'LL HAVE MORE IN ABOUT 20 MINUTES
I guess you didn't get my point. I'll try to lower the bar next time.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I'm trying to understand your point. Do you actually believe people are saying we are a good team?
No. I'm tired of hearing people say things like: "If we could have just avoided the three red zone turnovers in the first half, we would have been right in this game".

Well, we didn't avoid them. We never do. No one short of Bill Belichick can turn this water into wine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom