We don't have any talent, only eight All BE players. | The Boneyard

We don't have any talent, only eight All BE players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll be fair about this. We did not have an over abundance of talent on the offensive side of the ball. Other than Griffin, is there anyone on offense that you'd be outraged if they didn't make 3rd team all Big East (even they named a 3rd team)? I think the only offensive players named to the 2nd team were Griff and Masters.

Now, do I think the talent on offense translates to 5 wins. No, no I do not. But let's at least try to be fair about this.

Reaction Score
"is there anyone on offense that you'd be outraged if they didn't make 3rd team all Big East."

Yes, Geremy Davis.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Pal...he just needs a chance to coach his players.

/wow
/whatsgood

Reaction Score
Or the Big East just lacks talent.

But isn't that who we went 2-5 against and if 8 players are at least BE caliber talent should Uconn not have a better record in conference.

Let's rate the BE coaches and see if PP would make the top 3 spots, or even be rated better than guys fired.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
No excuse why this team isn't bowling, given our schedule.

And I would think that nothing alienates a team from its coaching staff more than when your coaching staff makes public statements questioning your talent.

Reaction Score
I actually tweeted to Des yesterday saying so much for blaming the season on lack of talent and he responded with "Nice try, three, all D; on first team."

Even if the first teamers are all on D, with the other players, we still should've been capable of 6 wins and a bowl game

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Im still waiting for some 1 to really get at dez with a serious convo. Maybe the guy will wake up.if the play calling wasnt the issue, then how come warde too issue with gdl? I would love to know dez response to that. No matter what he says hes eating crow somewhere.

Reaction Score
No excuse why this team isn't bowling, given our schedule.

And I would think that nothing alienates a team from its coaching staff more than when your coaching staff makes public statements questioning your talent.

I'll keep asking - where is/are the quote(s) of the staff saying the team lacked talent?

Reaction Score
I'll be fair about this. We did not have an over abundance of talent on the offensive side of the ball. Other than Griffin, is there anyone on offense that you'd be outraged if they didn't make 3rd team all Big East (even they named a 3rd team)? I think the only offensive players named to the 2nd team were Griff and Masters.

Now, do I think the talent on offense translates to 5 wins. No, no I do not. But let's at least try to be fair about this.

What sucks is 7 of those 8 will not be at the program next year.

Reaction Score
Great thread. Glad that having 5 All-BE players on defense, plus a great tight end and ONE good lineman means we have tons of talent on offense. I guess I was wrong.

Reaction Score
I actually tweeted to Des yesterday saying so much for blaming the season on lack of talent and he responded with "Nice try, three, all D; on first team."

Even if the first teamers are all on D, with the other players, we still should've been capable of 6 wins and a bowl game

And if Christen makes just one kick, maybe we do get 6 wins. The universe is a cruel place sometimes.

Reaction Score
They are all over the place. Sometimes you have to read between the lines like when GDL says that a carpenter never complains about his tools. Just one example.

Ok, so you're just looking for stuff that suggests an answer you want to hear. I have never heard a player or recruit say anything other than positive things. This is not a defense of the staff and the on-field results, jsut wanted to confirm that was is thrown out in cyberspace as truth is actually something slightly short of that.

Reaction Score
Ok, so you're just looking for stuff that suggests an answer you want to hear. I have never heard a player or recruit say anything other than positive things. This is not a defense of the staff and the on-field results, jsut wanted to confirm that was is thrown out in cyberspace as truth is actually something slightly short of that.

Good God how deep do you have to bury your head in the sand in order to say that?

Reaction Score
You must have missed the tweets from a injured player while watching the game on TV. You didn't have to read between the lines and they were not ringing endorsements. They were so damning it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't return for his 5th year after getting a medical redshirt this year, despite the fact a good year would really help him in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom