We do not have a single player who holds themselves and the rest of the team accountable for their mistakes | The Boneyard

We do not have a single player who holds themselves and the rest of the team accountable for their mistakes

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We have no Alpha on the team. You don’t see one player get pissed off when a play isn’t executed properly or someone is lazy on defense. How many times in the past did you see players yelling at one another? We don’t have anyone who demands the ball and is the leader out on the floor.

Bouk could be our go getter but his demeanor doesn’t seem like a kid who will get in your face I believe things will get better when we bring in the recruits, The mindset we have has to change

Bouk, Gaffney, and Akok are going to be very very good. They need to be surrounded with players that can help them. Hurley needs to figure his stuff out fast, otherwise this will get ugly

And don’t get me started on the untucked jerseys...

Last edited by a moderator:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
They play incredibly hard, they've become a cohesive unit on defense but they're obviously lacking on offense.

Overall I like this team's development, butttttt for the love of God can we change the script at the end of the games. Same people making the same mistakes game after game after game after game.

Some argue we only have one ball handler, pure poppycock, we have at least three and 4th on the cusp. Regardless, we don't need to drive into double and triple teams. PASS THE BALL, MOVE THE BALL, it's not rocket science. Every player on this roster can move and pass. This one on one stuff is bad basketball and it's NOT working

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Posters on this board are good at hold Ollie accountable. Maybe more of that will help.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
They play incredibly hard, they've become a cohesive unit on defense but they're obviously lacking on offense.

Overall I like this team's development, butttttt for the love of God can we change the script at the end of the games. Same people making the same mistakes game after game after game after game.

Some argue we only have one ball handler, pure poppycock, we have at least three and 4th on the cusp. Regardless, we don't need to drive into double and triple teams. PASS THE BALL, MOVE THE BALL, it's not rocket science. Every player on this roster can move and pass. This one on one stuff is bad basketball and it's NOT working

You said Poppycock...hehehe

Reaction Score
We lack leadership and star talent. There’s no one on the team everyone respects and relies on enough to lead. We need better talent. Tough to win with mediocre talent.

Reaction Score
Posters on this board are good at hold Ollie accountable. Maybe more of that will help.
u have like 30000 posts on the stupidest stuff ever yet you still show everyone else you're braindead lol. I would think people around here would hold u accountable for ur slow posts. someone needs to delete ur account or something because the only excuse you have when the team loses is kevin ollie. if kevin ollie was still our coach we would've lost last night 98-47. anyway, are you his lawyer or best friend bro?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We lack leadership and star talent. There’s no one on the team everyone respects and relies on enough to lead. We need better talent. Tough to win with mediocre talent.
And Hurley has brought in very good talent, but we need a change in mentality. They should be pissed at their record and mental mistakes. Hurley is doing well with recruiting talent but we need an alpha

Reaction Score
Jackson seems to be an animated kid.
Not necessarily maybe a day 1 vocal leader, but definitely someone who comes off as an “alpha” from videos.

if him flexing and yelling is what this team needs to toughen up, I’ll take it. Regardless of the optic.

Reaction Score
Ollie turned our program into a dumpster fire and Hurley clearly has it on the right path.

Do you think we would be losing close games to top 25 teams on the road if Ollie was still the head coach?
Back to back to back games against ranked opponents where we had an opportunity in crunch time to pull out a W. Yes, this is a program that shouldn't celebrate close losses but have people already forgotten the last two years of Ollie where we were losing by 20 to anyone and everyone?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I kind of buy into the title. AG and CV don't seem to give a deuce when they lose the ball on ill-conceived drives. Temi took a open shot and missed and it killed him. I get that you need shooter to have a short memory but if you t/o the ball on multiple plays at the end the game and cost the team the game repeated, one might hope for a little introspection.

Now obviously, I don't know what these kids feel, but I do see their actions....

end/angry ramble.

Reaction Score
I kind of buy into the title. AG and CV don't seem to give a deuce when they lose the ball on ill-conceived drives. Temi took a open shot and missed and it killed him. I get that you need shooter to have a short memory but if you t/o the ball on multiple plays at the end the game and cost the team the game repeated, one might hope for a little introspection.

Now obviously, I don't know what these kids feel, but I do see their actions....

end/angry ramble.
the drives remind me of the Dyson drives, just that JD often got results.

Reaction Score

Look, Ollie won a National Championship. Great. Thank You.

Then put his feet on the dash point and turned on the autopilot. He took short cuts. He took the escalator. Don't know why. Don't really care. It was time for him to go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom